Fast right hand corners - vibration sound?

Midnight

Advanced Member
It's getting to a stage it's becoming rather annoying.

On fast / hard right hand corners we are getting a vibration sound (buzzing) had a look underneath and can't see anything that could be 'catching'.

Maybe a heat shield?

Anyone else had this problem, seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
It's getting to a stage it's becoming rather annoying.

On fast / hard right hand corners we are getting a vibration sound (buzzing) had a look underneath and can't see anything that could be 'catching'.

Maybe a heat shield?

Anyone else had this problem, seems to be getting worse.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Is it at all diff rev ranges or always similar? If it's a metallic rattle then I'd say headshield if you still have them on the car

Midnight

Advanced Member
Yes different rev range but only on right hand corners.

I'm thinking either dust cover behind 2 piece rotors (although no marking on them). Or some other heatshield?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Could be cv joint on the inner, does is only do it under load / slight acceleration?? If you turn in and then take your foot off the loud pedal and it stops vibrating id say its your cv/ driveshaft.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Quick test if it's CV related, find a wide open space and go in a circle on full lock if it makes a clicking noise it's the CV. The heatshields on these are known for rattling.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
Yes, seems to be only under load that the noise happens.

Also got caught in the rain and for some reason same noise happens at 'only' 4000rpm on a straight?

I'm guessing this isn't a heatshield then 😕

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Does it only happen in the rain? That will be water hitting the b pipe when hot, boiling, causing the pipe to slightly expand and vibrate badly on the chassis. Horrid noise.

If the noise has only been happening when wet this is more than likely what you are experiencing...fairly common especially with aftermarket b pipes.

If its an actual vibration rather than sound, and only on load I would say drive shaft inner or outer cv / centre shaft bearing.

I personally had loads of driveshaft issues on my teg and the usually turning/ clicking didn't occur... just vibrates under load. No other symptoms. Had to get underneath and check by wiggling them up and down.. in and out is normal.

Or take it to a garage to inspect.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Its a strange thing to which I cannot answer...but when it rains and its hot, at certain revs it just resonates badly and sounds horrific. Only happened to me twice in 6 and a bit years ownership. Mainly when I had my kakimoto exhaust fitted, oem and spoon weren't an issue, and not really driven in the rain much with the Toda on so can't comment. But yeah, its odd. Lol

Midnight

Advanced Member
This is a Kakimoto and I have noticed how low the exhaust sits. It's the same sound we get when corning spiritedly.

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
I had a similar problem a few years ago but mine was on left hand bends. Turned out to be worn out differential bearings.

Same as you it was fine everywhere else apart from in fast left hand bends it would make an awful annoying vibration.

My actual diff was badly worn as well and took the opportunity to replace the standard diff for a Wavetrac while TDI had the box out

Jack

nails

Advanced Member
I had a similar issue with one of my old Preludes. It was diagnosed as the diff.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
If it's the same noise you're getting in the wet with the B-pipe which is common although on my RM-01A I'm yet to experience this, sounds like the B-pipe could be hitting the chassis? Didn't you recently have the box opened by Area Motorsport?

Midnight

Advanced Member
Yes gearbox was opened at Area Motorsport and they were very impressed with the condition of it.