Fast Road Set Up again

mark type r

Advanced Member
Looks like im having the FRSU for a christmas present. Ive done the searches and it looks like a damn good mod.

This obviously raises some questions. Hope you can give me some advice.

I have OEM everything but im looking at getting the camber bolts, what exactly do i need?

Whats the best settings? I can go A roads or B roads too and from work.

Is there anything else i need to know or make sure happens?

Thanks

LeeH

Advanced Member
I have 1 deg. negative camber all round. 1mm toe in all round.

HTH

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
I'm considering getting a FRS, but somewhere in the future i'd like to drop it down a bit so can any adjustment that are made be transposed over to whatever springs or coilovers i go for?

is the FRS definitely as good as it sounds or do the cynical ones of the bunch reckon its a bit of a placebo mod? I can't help but think if its loads better on the roads, which is what this car is for, why aren't the modifications standard?

LeeH

Advanced Member
No way is it a placebo mod :eek:

When you get the coilovers fitted you will have to get the geo checked again but it will need no new parts.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Near enough any car you buy can be improved upon with a FRS. The manufacturers dial in a safe geometry setting for a driver with an average driver ability also taking into account tyre wear, tramlining etc.

A fast road set up is one of the best mods that can be done to a car.

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
ahh ok well thats good to know :) - so here's a question, if in a years time i get some (for e.g.) Eibach Pro Street Coilovers, would the fast road setup that i hypothetically get fairly soon be negated? i.e. would the setup of the coilovers have the same (but better) effect?

Camber arms aren't required with a proper coilover setup are they?

So basically is this true:

Standard < FRS < Coilovers < Coilovers with FRS (is this even possible?)

Sorry for the seemingly daft questions, just trying to get my head around it all so I can spend my money wisely :)

shaf

hey all so is it possible to do have a FRS on OEM suspension ?

how much of a diff would aftermarket make over OEM ??

cheers