fast road set up in Aberdeen

CHRIS-R

Anyone had a fast road set up done by a garage in Aberdeen or could suggest another place within Scotland?

Cheers

Chris

Grunty

Advanced Member
I was looking into getting this done as well, i'm up near Aberdeen, 40 miles north. I've been recommended Overton Garage in Ellon. The guy that runs the garage apperently used to race a lot and knows his way round a car.

I just got my DC5 and they've done all the servicing up til when i got it.

markie

Advanced Member
I got my one done at japerformance at ellon but wasnt very impressed with them so i then got it done at wallace performance at aberdeen and was well chuffed i wished i had went there for the start as they were also cheaper and didnt get messed about either.

CHRIS-R

Thanks for the suggestion's,heard good things about Wallace when i owned the Evo.
Cheers for that Markie,nice Fd2 in the best colour by the way.
Chris

markie

Advanced Member
cheers chris for your coments on the fd2. yes wallace are getting a better name now ithink it got better when it changed hands, havent seen you going about when i have been in town yet seen a black 54 plate dc5 last thursday at the pictures down the beach.

Grunty

Advanced Member
markie said:
cheers chris for your coments on the fd2. yes wallace are getting a better name now ithink it got better when it changed hands, havent seen you going about when i have been in town yet seen a black 54 plate dc5 last thursday at the pictures down the beach.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Before it changed hands I had heard some bad stories about them, but ever since it's been good things.

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
Bit of a thread revival!

Tom @ TGM is sorting out all parts for fast road setup for me, Eibach springs, camber arms and bolts.

I am based in Aberdeen so gave Wallace Performance a call and they quoted me 4.5hrs to fit the above parts (@£42.50p/h) + £120 do do the geometry once the parts are on.

Essentially is going to be £320 for fitting/setup.....does this seem quite steep?

Thought the springs etc would only take circa 2.5hrs?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Grunty

Advanced Member
They did mine last week, but all my parts were fitted in advance by a mate, albiet the camber bolts wrongly fitted so they had to change that.

I think the actual geo set up is quite time consuming.

Transformation of the car is impressive.

gibbyboy

Advanced Member
Grunty said:
They did mine last week, but all my parts were fitted in advance by a mate, albiet the camber bolts wrongly fitted so they had to change that.

I think the actual geo set up is quite time consuming.

Transformation of the car is impressive.
I think I will get the springs/camber bolts etc fitted before hand and take the car to Wallace to get the geometry setup.

Glad to hear the car is feeling good
8)

markie

Advanced Member
Yes that is exactly what i did, i fitted all the parts myself then got wallace to set it up. its not a bad job to do if you have the correct tools , just watch when you fit the struts back on the car as there are marks on the top mounts that have to be facing the correct way.

J4MRU

So what sort of money we talking for wallace to check and adjust the settings? Given that it wont be too far off... :roll:

(this is for a guy at work, he has no internet [-X )

markie

Advanced Member
If i remember correctly i was around £60 which was probably 1.5hrs labour.but that was few year ago now.

chazzyw

im in aberdeen aswell and currently looking for a dc5 decent enough to buy. after that i want to mod it alot, can anyone explain whats a fast road set up and whats so good about it?