Fast road setup?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
My DC5 is currently on stock suspension, I'm looking to put a decent setup on it. The car is being used as a daily but I will be taking it to the track a few times. I've been looking at the Eibach fast road kit as a good budget setup, what do people think?

Would I be better going for something like the Eibach setup or going for coilovers?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
spoon springs, eibach front camber bolts, eibach or hardrace rear camber arms + geo
Any reason for the Spoon springs over the Eibach? I've heard the Hardrace arms are much better than Eibach's.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
kazmo said:
spoon springs, eibach front camber bolts, eibach or hardrace rear camber arms + geo
The exact setup I'm putting on mine right now

spoon springs, eibach front camber bolts and the hardrace rear camber arms + geo by TGM will be done in may.

Spoon springs sit better so I hear and are very good quality

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sam H said:
Any reason for the Spoon springs over the Eibach? I've heard the Hardrace arms are much better than Eibach's.

They sit better on the car. Eibach seem to sit a tad higher at the rear which is known as reverse rake. I had Eibach on mine and I found them to be too soft under normal road going conditions but when pushed they were pretty good. Have a look at Tanabe springs, supposed to be very good and have a nicer drop than both the Spoon and the Eibach.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
They sit better on the car. Eibach seem to sit a tad higher at the rear which is known as reverse rake. I had Eibach on mine and I found them to be too soft under normal road going conditions but when pushed they were pretty good. Have a look at Tanabe springs, supposed to be very good and have a nicer drop than both the Spoon and the Eibach.
I'll definitely bear this in mind, it's still got to be a daily so I can't go too low but still want it to sit nice. Have you got any photos with them on so I can see the height mate?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sam H said:
I'll definitely bear this in mind, it's still got to be a daily so I can't go too low but still want it to sit nice. Have you got any photos with them on so I can see the height mate?

Of course, it's a road car so it can be a challenge trying to find a happy medium. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them tbh but most seem to opt for the Spoons nowadays. I'll try and get some pics up for you.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Spoons have a much nicer drop I agree! Thanks for the help, I'll save that bit more for the Spoons! Cheers mate!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
crasherkid said:
Must just be my eyes but to me the drop looks identical.
Spoons seem to sit a little lower to me haha

George92

Can also say Spoon setup is decent. I have that setup along with camber adjustment front and back although the springs have got more expensive lately!

Fez

Advanced Member
I had the spoon springs fotted to mine and were brilliant daily

(They are now for sale btw 👍🏻😀)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I had the spoon springs fotted to mine and were brilliant daily

(They are now for sale btw 👍🏻😀)
I don't have the money yet unfortunately as buying the car has pretty much drained me. Are yours for the PFL out of interest?

Fez

Advanced Member
Sam H said:
I don't have the money yet unfortunately as buying the car has pretty much drained me. Are yours for the PFL out of interest?

Yeah for pfl 👍🏻👍🏻

SamDC5

Advanced Member
That sits lovely Chris. I'm confused on what I should go for now, were they okay for daily driving?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Perfectly fine, the ride/comfort was better than OEM and things firmed up nicely when pressing on. I'm selling a used set of Eibach's for £55 in the for sale section if that interests you, box included. I understand Spoon springs fetch a larger premium so that may make your decision a little easier.