faster faster please?????

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I'm looking to make my teg(baby ferrari) faster.
Although i'm saving up for a gruppe m and kro. is there any other mod that will make it that little quicker without spending £900.

Any ideas guys?

kingston

Advanced Member
brakes and suspension and search the forum

you wont get any noticeable power performance for less than above

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Don't get too obsessed with power, as said previously get the suspension set up and learn how to drive the car properly and you will be fast enough.

JT3173

Advanced Member
kingston said:
brakes and suspension and search the forum

you wont get any noticeable power performance for less than above
I totally aggree! To make your exhaust, intake, decat mani work and get the best out of your money that you have spent you would have to have a K-Pro and get it mapped.

Just get some good dampers and brakes first which alot of people overlook, then learn to drive the car and you will be quicker tha a someone in a more powerfull car that cannot drive or has not thought about what the car is carried on or stops with!!

Just a thought.........

LeeH

Advanced Member
Springs, geometry and short shifter would be my advice. All for £900 too :idea:

thomsojf

Advanced Member
This may sound like a silly question!
Why do you stick to 17" does this affect the ride?
What benefit does the short shifter have?

JT3173

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
This may sound like a silly question!
Why do you stick to 17" does this affect the ride?
What benefit does the short shifter have?
17" wheels fo not increase or decrease your gear ratio's, going for some 16"s will shorten your ratios's and 18" will make your ratios longer.

Fitting a short shifter will decrease the amount of throw when it comes to making gear changes, quicker changes, quicker you can change gear and accelerate.

HTH :)

thomsojf said:
I'm looking to make my teg(baby ferrari) faster.
Although i'm saving up for a gruppe m and kro. is there any other mod that will make it that little quicker without spending £900.

Any ideas guys?
Thom,

The bongo drums are correct.. if you want to go faster, the cheepest method is VERY good suspension. I will leave it up to the impartial Guys on here who know the way ,to reccomend the best solution as tested by some of them. :D

We came 3rd at Snetterton last season on our spare STD teg engine. we beat the porsche GT3RS, so make your own decision if power or suspension should be your first move.??

Cheers,
Paul,

JT3173

Advanced Member
One of the impartial guys thoughts.

Speak to the guy above this post, Paul Hughes, he will sort you and your car out with some good dampers that will see you leaving other quicker cars for dead as mine does.

I have the Buddy Club Racing Spec dampers, Celox and Lee H have Buddy Club N+ dampers, from what I can gather they both really rate them and you know I rate mine!!

Just my impartial view

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Yeah I've just had Paul fit and set up some Buddy Club N+ dampers and my first impressions are wow I can't believe how much more composed the car feels I was a little sceptical as to how good a fast road set would be but I'm very glad I spent my money on this first and not power gains the car really does feel much quicker :D

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yeah i've got the BC N+ spec dampers and they are very good indeed for road use. They make driving around the twisty Welsh roads a pleasure :D

As already mentioned, don't get obsessed about power. Concentrate on the suspension, geometry settings, tyres and brakes. All of these mods combined will completely transform your Teg.

For £900 though you won't get much to be honest.

JT3173

Advanced Member
The N+ Damper gang are chiming in now, just needs Lee H ;)

Take the plunge Jonny, you wont look back one bit, I think I can safely say we all assure you that :!:

rick c

Advanced Member
This suspension overhaul that you're all referring to... which aspect of use does it improve? Track use (i.e. firmer) or b-road use (i.e. softer)?

I struggle to understand how a suspension setup could improve both but I definitely wouldn't want anything that's any worse on b-roads as its twitchy enough as it is IMO.

kingston

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:

Speak to the guy above this post, Paul Hughes, he will sort you and your car out with some good dampers that will see you leaving other quicker cars for dead as mine does.

I have the Buddy Club Racing Spec dampers, Celox and Lee H have Buddy Club N+ dampers, from what I can gather they both really rate them and you know I rate mine!!

Just my impartial view
not very impartial is it though ;) :-k

if your only wanting to spend 900 and get the most you can, then get the eibach springs & fast road set-up, exhaust and maybe an air intake of some description. Maybe also get a new front strut brace though im not sure how much better they are over oem, just look nice when you open the bonnet. Just dont forget about the costs of fitting everything ;)

dont bother with upgrading brakes unless your a well late breaker though you could get braided lines.

if you want coilovers, dont forget to budget the fitting of them too on top of the intial costs and look at the rebound rates (which someone else can explain) to give you an idea of how soft/hard that suspension can be.

Im running the eibach coilovers, only ever had a bush go on them and theyve seen a series of TA (C&S Evo) plus my 40k mixed use driving and come with some sort of lifetime warrenty (though i stand to be corrected).

keep an eye on the for sale section as well over suspension as you can get some good buys on there.

kingston

Advanced Member
rick c said:
This suspension overhaul that you're all referring to... which aspect of use does it improve? Track use (i.e. firmer) or b-road use (i.e. softer)?

I struggle to understand how a suspension setup could improve both but I definitely wouldn't want anything that's any worse on b-roads as its twitchy enough as it is IMO.
depends on which suspension you get, the rebound rate and what you want it to do.

I find the eibachs coilovers to be softer than OEM around town though better when being pushed.

Not as hard as other brands therefore potentially not as good as cornering but a good compromise between everything required.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
rick c said:

I'm no race car driver and the differences I've noticed since having the new suspension are the car accelerates smoother (less wheel hop when your a bit heavy on the throttle at launch) the cars feels more stable with late hard braking, and it glides through the corners it feels smoother over the smaller lumps and bumps you get on every day roads but if you hit a big bump the car feels much stiffer, your best bet is to try and get a drive off someone who has a fast road set up and then you will feel the difference for your self maybe try and get a go in the Buddyclub try before you buy teg. :)

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I have already got a mugen sports suspension. but it's rock solid...feel absolutey everything. I think it's adjustable.so i'm going to have to get this sorted becuase it causes to much bounce when accelerating and going over a bumpy country road.Not to mention going around the corners

but this does make for exciting driving lol

JT3173

Advanced Member
kingston said:
JT3173 said:

Just my impartial view
not very impartial is it though ;) :-k

if your only wanting to spend 900 and get the most you can, then get the eibach springs & fast road set-up, exhaust and maybe an air intake of some description. Maybe also get a new front strut brace though im not sure how much better they are over oem, just look nice when you open the bonnet. Just dont forget about the costs of fitting everything ;)

dont bother with upgrading brakes unless your a well late breaker though you could get braided lines.

if you want coilovers, dont forget to budget the fitting of them too on top of the intial costs and look at the rebound rates (which someone else can explain) to give you an idea of how soft/hard that suspension can be.

Im running the eibach coilovers, only ever had a bush go on them and theyve seen a series of TA (C&S Evo) plus my 40k mixed use driving and come with some sort of lifetime warrenty (though i stand to be corrected).

keep an eye on the for sale section as well over suspension as you can get some good buys on there.
Kingston,

My view is as impartial as I can be mate, I have only driven with an OEM setup, Eibach Pro Spring kit and then the Racing Spec Dampers and know of many people who are pleased with the N+ dampers so of course I will say get them.

They are very well priced bits of kit that work, good bang for your buck.

I am sure there are many other good brands out there that do suspension but are far more costly IMO and certainly dont have a manufacturer/stockist local to me that you can pretty much walk into and say "guys, fit me some damper please" and a couple of hours later they are on and you havnt had your wallet.

Dont get me wrong, I would gladly buy second hand but then you are racing against others on here to buy them first.

mikegsi

Staff member
All good advice pointing in the same direction - suspension, which is a good place to start modding, whether you go coilovers or just replacement springs is down to you and your budget, which brand you buy will also depend on a)price, b)availability, c)somewhere local to fit who you trust or comes recommended and d)product reputation

You really need to factor a good fast road setup into any suspension changes, which will need front adjustable bolts and rear camber kit, the eibach one comes heavily recommended for that and is the first choice of trusted suppliers/fitters such as TGM sport and Tdi north, both of which have amassed a huge client base in the Honda tuning Market over here

Other products listed above include a short shifter, I remember fitting my b+m shortshifter in my first Teg and instantly putting it down within my top three mods over the countless others i'd done, so this again is a definate, which one you choose is again entirely upto you, do a little research if you can into the build quality and longevity of the available brands, personally Im about order another b+m one from TGM and wouldn't consider any other brand due to what I've researched, but that's my choice.....

Brakes are the other option, braided hoses will help if you do a lot of heavy braking, you may as well update the fluid while you do that, TGM again can supply custom made hoses to a much higher standard than goodridge ones and can also supply brembo racing brake fluid, as for discs and pads again it depends on what you will be using the car for, at top end you've got PaulG's custom discs, going down to dixcel disc/pad combo's, then just uprated pads such as ferrodo ds2500's or mintex 1144's

A little research again knowing what you want out of them and what your budget is will sort those out