Fat boy to replace recaro seats

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Right peeps,

Despite losing over 2 stone, I'm still a big lad at 15 stone, anyways... the point is I find the current oem recaro's in the DC5 nice, its still quite comfy.

However, I think I'm still around 39" waist... however, will bride vios III low max fit or they literally for the slim gentleman of 30-32" waist only? What are my other options, proper recaro race seats or buddyclub P1?

I'm looking to rip my entire interior out at some point including the seats so would prefer proper racing buckets than recliners as will have no need for the latter.

Would prefer as lightweight as possible, so assuming carbon ones over fibreglass?

Looking at the buddyclub ones, I do like...

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Was looking at the NRG ones from funky power, though it ranges from small at 32, medium at 36, and large at 40.

Be next year before I reckon I get any lighter seats... time to lose more weight :lol:

kingston

Advanced Member
your best bet is to find a place locally and try out the different brands to see which fits you the best and not worry about the brand :wink:

Also the trouble with proper bucket seats is that they can be a pain in the arse to get out of when in the car which is also something worth bearing in mind and dont tend to be that comfy on the longer journey though if you have more natural cushioning then it maybe ok ;)

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
the buddyclub ones look comfy :p or the buckets usually have lack of foam/cushioning material?

I'll have to see at Jap Show Finale, see who has aftermarket seats there :D

TimB

Advanced Member
capial seating can do a "modification" to your drivers seat and basiclly make the seat bolsters wider. If that is any help

The Mofo

Advanced Member
Have a look on CTRO and see if any of the Civic lads are selling their Type R seats? They normally go for about £150 and it would be a good stop gap until you take the interior out next year.

hondafreek

Advanced Member
I have Bride Cuga in my Teg and Bride Gias in my S2K. I would say you wuld stuggle with both to be honest.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
hondafreek said:
I have Bride Cuga in my Teg and Bride Gias in my S2K. I would say you wuld stuggle with both to be honest.
Same goes for the Buddyclub P1 Limited Edition wide version. I have a 34" waist and I'm almost stuck in it :xlol:

kingston

Advanced Member
Yella Fella said:
the buddyclub ones look comfy :p or the buckets usually have lack of foam/cushioning material?

I'll have to see at Jap Show Finale, see who has aftermarket seats there :D
Ive got some serious ones in another car and unless your out on a spirited drive and not concentrating on the seat, then you get a numb bum though im only 77kg with a 30-32" waist (pending on make of trouser), if you have more cushioning on your ass it maybe ok.

However, unless your serious about having it as a dedicated spirited drive only car (be it road or track), id stick to some based around oem. As its a pain in the ass to get in/out of and if i dont take up 2 spaces in a car park, then im not getting out (of the other car, the Teg is easy in a single space)

Your best bet though is to try some and see

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Totally agree with Kingston. Your best bet is to try some.

BTW the Buddyclubs are very comfy. Much more than the OEM recaros, but yes they are a lot tighter also.

TommyDC5

Coldfuse said:
15 stone and 39inch waist?

I weigh something like 17stone and my waist is 36inch.
Im 15stone and a 34-36 waist.
All depends on his somatotype. Probably has big hips hence that is where his weight goes.

I always found the recaros a bit tight on my back and shoulders.

Try out the fixed buddyclubs dude.
They do them in a bigger size for us bigger men!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I am 13 stone with a 42 inch waist......

I am heavy set which runs in my family and find the Recaros more than comfortable... I have even sat in Proper racing seats from Corbeau and Cobra, all fine! although guess it does depend if you have a fat ass :lol:

dan_dc5

Advanced Member
I'm suprised really, I'm 11st with 32" waist and seem to find the Recaros fairly tight #-o :xconfused: I thought anybody who is a fair bit bigger than me would find it uncomfortable.

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
haha you guys are jokers... I got one of those paper tape measure things from ikea and measured up, its pretty much 39" like, boo! As all my existing 40" waist trousers/jeans have been falling off since my fitness kick.

I need to see if I have any 38" waist jeans etc and see if they are tight or lose.

so anyways are the buckets etc a lot tighter than OEM? I think buddyclub ones maybe way forward if they do it a bit bigger. I didn't want to get after market recliners as they are a lot heavier than buckets right? Plus if I'm taking out the rear seats then will have no need for recliners really.

will deffo have to see who is going to be at the Jap Show Finale at Santa Pod next month, will have to try and squeeze in if you let me :p

blueguy

Resident J's whore
The buckets will be a lot lighter than OEM but it's aftermarket seat rails where you will save the most weight Ed.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Stick with back reclining ones and you cant go wrong! dont go for fixed, you will get in and wont ever get out! :D