Fault? Auto revving at Idle after battery change

Teggs

Car has been off the road for about 6 months now, at the start of this period I'd start her every weekend and let idle for 10-15 minutes to keep the battery charge, after a couple of months it started revving itself (low revs), I assumed that the battery was running out and that maybe the car was doing this to charge it more effectively.

The battery then died and it has been sat for 3 months.

Just got a new Varta Battery and connected, alarm sounded as expected and after a couple of mins I started her up whilst I tightened everything up. It started 1st time and was normal for a couple of mins and then went into this 'Revving Mode' - between 1300 and 2100 RPM.

I can't take it out for a run because SORN, has anyone else experienced this? Probably nothing to worry about and will sort itself out when driven. Will it mess up my MOT test on tues?

Thanks,

Teggs

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
The best thing to do is take her for a spin, but because the car is SORN I suggest you clean the IACV (Intake Air Control Valve).
Most of the times it is a sticky IACV, so never hurts to clean.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
As said above, will just be the idle air control valve.
Normally happens when the cars been sat for a while.
Don't worry about it, wait till its back on the road then take it for a good blast, that should sort it :)

Justin