Faulty MFactory sump plug

Zani

Advanced Member
So I wondered why each time I serviced the DC5 I had oil dripping from the plug... well here is why!

- does any one know an email address for mfactory Europe?
- I bought this through this forum when mfactory was a trader on here.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
this is the contact info for mfactory, as far as i know they had no uk distributor on here they dealt direct

Company Name: MFactory Competition Products (US Based Company)

Company Introduction:
Manufacturers of Forged Transmission Components

Company Address:
581 W. Covina Blvd,
San Dimas,
CA 91773

Contact Name: David Henson

Phone: 909-592-5933

Email: forum@teamfactory.com

Zani

Advanced Member
I'm sure if I were to over tighten it.. the threads in the sump would fail before before cracking the plug!!!! It's not made out of butter!!

Yes I used a crush washer with it every time!

Thanks Evo.

... What if I hadn't caught it in time... and it failed completely driving down the motorway...!!!

Zani

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Are Tegiwa now the uk distributior?
Yes but they will not entertain this as I did not buy it from them and they are only the distributor

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
from the looks of the picture, i would suggest it had been overtightened too causing the washer part to break free, personally i would just shrug it off and buy a spoon one . anything thats been used a few times like that will wear out. just one of those things .

Zani

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
from the looks of the picture, i would suggest it had been overtightened too causing the washer part to break free, personally i would just shrug it off and buy a spoon one . anything thats been used a few times like that will wear out. just one of those things .
Just to clarify there is no washer in the picture, I have removed it for this purpose.

The actual bolt has cracked... oil has been able to leak through the cracked part at one end and seeps past the gap in the hex part at the other. In the 2nd picture you can see a shadow where the hex and round part of the bolt has come away from each other.

I have already bought and fitted a replacement but it is just the principal here... what if it failed further and all my oil drained out while I was driving!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i was refering to the 'built in washer part' where the crush washer would sit as the part thats cracked