Favourite polish and wax or sealant

ladykb

Advanced Member
Hi not been on here a while busy busy......

I have not polished or waxed my car since Japfest so it's due again.

Question: got loads of Meguiars stuff some bottles 2 yrs old now will they still be ok to use?

Also now Meguiars has soo many polishes and waxes now I've got NXT Range and Ultimate range. Wondered what peoples preferences were across Meguiars range for a dark/black car? Or if there are any other products I should consider?

Cheers all

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Hello Karen!

Your wax should be fine, just give it a shake as it may have separated a bit. If it comes out like water though afterwards, or has mould, I would probably bin it myself.

I don't use polish myself, it is after all an optional step, plus many waxes contain polishing nutrients in them anyway.

Wax is basically something thats natural, like carnauba, a sealant is synthetic and is engineered in a lab.

Synthetic stuff normally lasts longer than natural wax. (It's engineered to) But normally harder to take off in my experience.

My favorite is now Meguiars Carnauba Plus, which is technically both synthetic and natural as it has Carnauba in it and synthetic polymers.
I much prefer it over the Ultimate Liquid Wax, which is PURELY synthetic and very hard to take off which you may have found!

This stuff drys to a haze, unlike the ultimate stuff which can disappear leaving you questioning where you have been, lol.

It's technically a best of both :) Neither a dedicated wax or a sealant. And I highly recommend it!

I Posted this handy bit of info the other day, so if you have a spare ten mins (and you are bored! lol), have a read:
http://www.itr-dc5.c...sealant-vs-wax/

Just did mine an hour ago with it, came up lovely as always! ha ha...

Did my mates Black Astra last year with it as well, but I machined the paintwork with some ultimate compound to remove the swirls and scratches first, A clean Clear Coat makes all the difference!

Before:

After:

DamienB45

My favourite polish is Meguiar's Professional #80, #105 and my favourite wax is the Swissvax Concorso ! :wub:

coolerking

Advanced Member
I'd go for swissvax best of show for wax, magic used it on a nhb teg, looks amazing, sure the threads still kicking about

Dan34

Advanced Member
For polishes it's gotta be the 3M range for me.

For wax im liking dodo juice supernatural hybrid and Also collinite 845 for the winter durability!

Might have a look into the above mequiars wax porthos posted up!

Magic

I'd go for swissvax best of show for wax, magic used it on a nhb teg, looks amazing, sure the threads still kicking about
I think the thread was called "Honda's by Magic Detail", down at the bottom of pg1 in here.. :)

Since then I have done 3 more Honda's, all Civics, and finished them in BoS or Crystal Rock by request

Concorso is the European version of BoS btw. It's called that for copyright reasons or something. Exact same formula though.

I love Swissvax waxes, all types, they are just so easy to use, smell fantastic and look great on!!

ladykb

Advanced Member
Wow that swissvax is expensive a good investment if you do detailing frequently but a little much for just me and my Teg

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Meguiars Step 2 polish and step 3 wax for me! It's cheap, easy to apply and my car doesn't stay clean long enough to appreciate using anything expensive. I'm trying to wash and wax mine every week or so, so it will be protected through the winter. (hopefully)

Adam