FD2 and DC5 drag race

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Dunno if this has been posted before. Done a bit of searching and came across this. Seems to be a lot of vids etc floating around showing the FD2 toasting pretty much anything. Surely it's can't be faster than NSX/EVO etc.

http://honda-portal.com/honda-videos.php?video_id=192

Does anyone know any details of the FD2 shown further down in this thread?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133624

Had a look on tuningnews.net where the photo is meant to be from but can't find it. Found this one tho.

http://www.tuningnews.net/article.php?date=070629b

tara

Advanced Member
It does look good 8) and has the beating of the DC5 by the looks of things but it should not be compared to an Evo :shock: Went out in my mates new Evo 9 FQ 360 the other day 8) and believe me when i say they are not even in the same league/playing park :shock: made my 247 bhp DC5 feel like a shopping trolley :(

DC5TU

Advanced Member
tara said:
made my 247 bhp DC5 feel like a shopping trolley :(
is it really that powerful??

On topic though, it is a nice car, but i really cant help thinking, who cares how fast it is really. All type Rs are pretty much the same. so what if it s one car length or so quickewr!

dotty

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
tara said:

On topic though, it is a nice car, but i really cant help thinking, who cares how fast it is really. All type Rs are pretty much the same. so what if it s one car length or so quickewr!
Pub bragging rights :lol:

tara

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
tara said:

!

It was mental Stu :shock: your car is quick but his is just stupid mate :wink: If you end up popping down i will get him to take you out in it :idea:

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Still searching and found more about the Civic RR (Double drooool if different colour)

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-537-Mug ... hotos.html

Read somewhere of a price in the region of £50K ?!?

According to the article 4.777.500 JPY = 20,533.41 GBP.

Now I know it's gonna cost more than this. But what would be reasonable estimate?

Any of the traders/dealers lookng at bringing these in when released?

linzi94

Advanced Member
the only thing that concerns me about these videos is you dont know if the teg driver was really trying, (marketing ploy?) i know call me cynical but the FD2 has a lot more doors... it even just looks heavier :p

i wouldnt mention it in the same sentence as an NSX or an EVO.

gregb

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
the only thing that concerns me about these videos is you dont know if the teg driver was really trying, (marketing ploy?) i know call me cynical but the FD2 has a lot more doors... it even just looks heavier :p

i wouldnt mention it in the same sentence as an NSX or an EVO.
Exactly what i was thinking,it all looks"staged"....

New product just getting it`s plug :shock: .

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I do't have a prob with the FD2 being faster but has been said it does look slightly staged. To me it looks like it gets off the mark slightly sooner at the start that the DC5 with both drivers!

End of the day I'm not too bothered if it is slightly quicker off th emark, I love my Teg and still wouldn't swap it for a FN2 :)

Cheers
Wardy

G4Z

In the drag race the FD2 had a slight head start in both which makes a big difference at the end. It is slightly faster with the shortened first 3 gears. Around the track it is faster and i don't believe thats a marketing ploy.

i wouldnt mention it in the same sentence as an NSX or an EVO
Theres lots of Evos. Around Suzuka it will easily compete with alot of Evos. GSR etc When people start talking about FQ360s :lol: Completely different and as said not in the same league :) Having seen the video of it lapping Suzuka its easy to see why its so fast on the track and can compete with higher powered cars.

mr_tim

I watched the full July Best Motoring last night with the FD2 review. You know how much they love (are biased to) Honda. The FD2 posted a quicker time in the Suzuka time attack than the RX-7 or NSX among others. Suzuka's owned by Honda of course.

In the battle with The NSX Type S, 350Z, S2000 and DC5 the FD2 came in second with a best lap time of 1'07"94 against the NSX's winning 1'07"66 and the DC5 bringing up the rear with 1'09"58. But then the battles have a lot to do with driver than a consistent person placing times as with the time attack.

mad

To contribute to this discussion. Keep in mind that gear ratios for FD2-R are for the first 3 gears 4% shorter and for the last 2 gears 1% longer. That being said and taking into consideration that the new R weighs 1270kgr, I'd expect to be pretty similar in terms of acceleration with the DC5. However it seems to be quicker around the track. I 'm pretty happy about that, because for me that's the point for every new R. To be better than the previous one. However i wouldn't dare to compare with NSX or EVO FQ series!!! The latest are superior and that's why the cost more.

Regarding the mugen RR there are going to be produced only 300 pieces and i'm not sure if any will arrive here. However I'm pretty sure that the usual company (i.e.J's and the likes) are going to flood the market with upgrades.