FD2 RRC intake manifold and FD2 injectors

beppe786

Beppe
i can get hold of both manifold RRC and injectors

will the RRC manifold off an FD2 direct fit no mods needed? is the throttle body bigger on the FD2 ?

are the injectors same or better?

any advanced member could help thanks

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
RRC will fit, however you might need to trim the slam panel as I think the RBC sits close, and the RRC is even bigger.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'm looking at getting one of these eventually too. Only thing to bare in mind is there is no iacv channel in the Rrc so you need a special adapter. You can't use a fd2 tb as it's not drive by wire like the teg. If anyone knows of any difference in tb port size with the Rrc I'd be eager to know though as I've been wondering what the best tb to use would be for a while now. Wanting to go for something fairly close to fn2 tb size myself.

deburr

Advanced Member
Hi,
I've got a spare karsepts RRC throttle body adaptor i would sell if you go down the RRC route.

Kris

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Tegiwa Imports said:
The RRC will need modifying and you'll an adaptor plate. We have both here..

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/honda-rrc-inlet-intake-manifold-civic-type-r-ep3-k20a-676/

Injectors I'd suggest either RDX or Grams 550cc

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/honda-rdx-oem-440cc-injectors-uprated-k-series-k20a-1625/
Sorry to hi jack the thread but on this RRC modified intake is the Throttle body bigger? like a 70mm? seen a lot of people going for a 70mm TB for the RBC intake. thanks

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Sylar122 said:
Sorry to hi jack the thread but on this RRC modified intake is the Throttle body bigger? like a 70mm? seen a lot of people going for a 70mm TB for the RBC intake. thanks
the rrc is 63mm iirc, you can use whatever size throttle body you prefer. Most people will port match a rbc to 70mm and then use a 70mm tb.

you can also open up a rrc too the limit is less though unless your prepaired to weld in the hole that created (by an internal opening) from porting it above 70mm.

hope this helps

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
RRC will port to 70mm no bother, I know, I have one. Anymore, like 74mm and it will require welding.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Wingnuttzz said:
RRC will port to 70mm no bother, I know, I have one. Anymore, like 74mm and it will require welding.
Think its 72mm and you'll get a pinhole breakthrough. Most peopke will go for 70mm on either rbc or rrc so its fine. as you say, extra wirk need on the rrc if your going bigger to 74mm with 74mm tb

are you glad you went for the rrc over the rbc then?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
Think its 72mm and you'll get a pinhole breakthrough. Most peopke will go for 70mm on either rbc or rrc so its fine. as you say, extra wirk need on the rrc if your going bigger to 74mm with 74mm tb

are you glad you went for the rrc over the rbc then?
I seriously considered going to 74mm, but the gains aren't huge (much like going from OEM to 70mm - only a couple of BHP) and its meant to make the low end drivability even worse.

The RRC is good cause I got it at a good price, I'd never be able to justify the new price. I think it has made a positive difference over a RBC looking at the dyno graphs but can't compare like for like as never had the RBC mapped. Can't go wrong with either.