Fed up with my map!

Josh16v

Advanced Member
So I posted a little while ago about a kangaroo-like car. It was originally remapped on a dodgey TPS, which has been replaced with a K Tuned unit.
The car then went back to Romain to be re-remapped.... And it's a little better.
He tuned it on the rollers, and then tweaked the town driving out on the road.

When the car is warm it's fine, drives perfect.
But under 3k revs from cold, it still likes to jerk around. It's like there's no power, then it all comes at once. Like a hesitation of some sort?
It didn't do this before the map, it just had a very 'on / off no middle ground' throttle. Can this new problem have been introduced from the previous map? Or something else?

Also....
I drove down to Romain making 9psi boost..... And drove back up only making 7 :S
The car is running a JRSC. Anybody got any experience? Thanks

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Nope no belt slip and it's near enough new. TGMs Tom took it for a spin and couldn't fault the setup

beppe786

Beppe
higher psi doesn't mean its making more bhp, if flow is good psi will be lower but your make more bhp..

cant help you with the jerkiness when cold.

problem with k100 you cant data log too see whats happening.. only thing you can do is take it back to tunner

pudski

Advanced Member
Do you have a copy of your map? a datalog would help, but k100 cant do that.

As for drop in boost, have you changed exhaust? I dropped 1 psi putting a 3 inch exhaust on giving better flow but more power. or maybe they changed cam angles, lower cam angles boost up faster.

Is it jerky just on cold start? mine can be a bit jerky but only on cold start.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Jerky when the cars cold yeah. But not normal teg jerky, it's like there's no power then it all comes at once.
Don't want to go back to the same tuner anymore :(

Flow is better because there's no cat now, but I went from 316bhp to 300, so less power.

integraleo

Advanced Member
First port of call has to be romain to vent your concerns. He is no stranger to k20s and superchargers,he was racing a 450bhp crx so I'm sure he knows what he's doing. You need to speak to him before blaming the map as it could be something simple

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Already spoken to him this is his second map for me. He told me the lost boost might be the loss of back pressure but couldn't explain the loss of power.
Also told me he'd lowered the vtec again to make the 300bhp which he didn't have to do before. Maybe changing the cam angles has lost the psi?

The car drove fine on the 2 hour way home because it was warm. First cold start and it has these power hesitations under 3k,
Fixed one problem and came back with another, It's a long old treck to get another map from him :(

beppe786

Beppe
get a copy of your map from romain.. send it too pudski hes the most experienced mapper on here..

pudski

Advanced Member
Taking out the cat will make it flow better, so you could drop a bit psi. But it shouldn't lose power.

When does the vtec kick in? supercharged cars can sometimes be as low as 3000rpm or under.

I have a 30 and 50 cam angle map. The 30 cam map boosts up faster, hitting max psi by 5500rpm, But the 50 cam does not reach max boost till 8250rpm. Also have a 50 cam map going down to 40 cam at 7000rpm to gain boost higher rpm.

If you have a copy of your map, pm me and i will take a look at it.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Thanks I'll see if I can get it.
Boost builds steady and peaks near the end of the rev range

jcdc5

Advanced Member
You should visit FLP(London) for mapping they are very good and prices are very fair.
I also have a jrsc and a 3 inch exhaust does wonders for the set up 👍

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
Josh16v said:
So I posted a little while ago about a kangaroo-like car. It was originally remapped on a dodgey TPS, which has been replaced with a K Tuned unit.
The car then went back to Romain to be re-remapped.... And it's a little better.
He tuned it on the rollers, and then tweaked the town driving out on the road.

When the car is warm it's fine, drives perfect.
But under 3k revs from cold, it still likes to jerk around. It's like there's no power, then it all comes at once. Like a hesitation of some sort?
It didn't do this before the map, it just had a very 'on / off no middle ground' throttle. Can this new problem have been introduced from the previous map? Or something else?

Also....
I drove down to Romain making 9psi boost..... And drove back up only making 7 :S
The car is running a JRSC. Anybody got any experience? Thanks
Are you running a stock or aftermarket throttle?

MrRy

Advanced Member
Where are you based? I could recommend a few experienced auto electricians with tuning equipment that could help diagnose the issue.

Josh16v

Advanced Member
Based in Buckinghamshire and North Lincolnshire
The car is going to Endless Horizon to be tweaked soon, just gotta find a good date.