Fed up with my spoon 2-1 ticking noise!!

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
I'm really fed up with the fast ticking noise my spoon 2-1 is making. I thought I could live with it but it's really starting to annoy me. I know other people on here have the same noise, how do you find it? I think it's the flexi section resonating. I put a large jubilee clip around it the other day and tightened it slightly and now it seems to be quieter, but that might just be me thinking that. I'm thinkin about getting the flexi section cut out and replacing it with a section of pipe. I don't know why the flexi is there in the first place as the other downpipe is solid?!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the other downpipe is also a flexible joint(hence the spring bolts), if the flexi is removed and welded the manifold will crack at some point.

if you wrap the mani and 2-1 with decent exhaust wrap it really helps to quieten it down.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Sell it on CTRO and buy a full mani. I got fed up with it in 1 week.

They're not a particularly good bit of kit anyhow.

TypeRKid

Advanced Member
Ive got a full spoon system on mine without cat and ive had it on mine for nearly 3years now and it doesnt bother me at all with the sound. The N1 gets rid of the sound for me :lol:

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
It's alright when the revs are high because it's just a raspy noise, which isn't bad, and like you, the N1 drowns it out. It's at low revs when it's annoying, when you're labouring the engine.
I've got the 4-2 wrapped, but not the 2-1. I could always have the pipe section put in and have flexi-bolts on that? The only problem with getting the full manifold is M.O.T time, having to take the whole lot off and putting oem back on, plus they're not cheap and I doubt I'd get much for the 4-2 2-1.