Feedback on Revo Technica Shifter & Acuity Select Springs

MikeH89

Does anyone have any experience with either of these items...

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/revo-technica-full-short-shifter-assembly-honda-integra-type-r-dc5.html

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/acuity-gearbox-transmission-performance-select-springs-honda-k-series.html

My DC5 has a little bit of play in the shifter, mostly forward and back movement, but a little side to side. I haven't yet taken anything apart to investigate fully but assuming it's common wear and tear I wanted to try and replace anything that's worn, without spending more than around £150-£175

So i'm thinking about the above two items, along with the Delrin bushings that Wocka arranged a group buy on.

Anyone know if the Revo shifter unit is an original Honda item with replaced parts to shorten the throw? If so I would probably be inclined to just buy a genuine Honda part as i'm not particularly bothered about shortening the throw, if however it could be an improved design its likely worth the slight increase in price.

Anyone tried the Acuity springs? I believe these firm up the side to side movement so i'm not entirely sure this is required, but for the fairly low cost I might give them a try anyhow.

wocka

Advanced Member
I used mtec race shifter springs in my old dc5, they worked great at springing it back into place but I don‘t think it really removed the the actually sloppiness, it just hides it

I am talking 5 years ago so I might be chatting waffles

There easy enough to change if you do get them, airbox out, remove the cables and then undo the mechanism bolts, lift the unit out and replace the springs, I‘m pretty sure there is a guide on here somewhere but it‘s worth a shot for what they cost, I was considering these myself before I go down the ktuned shifter arm route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeH89

Yeah I think I'll grab them, I'm surprised there isn't anyone who uses the parts mentioned since a number of people have play in the original shifter.

I'm even tempted to just buy an OEM shifter, but for the almost marginal difference in price the Revo one could be great, but only if it's decent quality!

wocka

Advanced Member
MikeH89 said:
Yeah I think I'll grab them, I'm surprised there isn't anyone who uses the parts mentioned since a number of people have play in the original shifter.

I'm even tempted to just buy an OEM shifter, but for the almost marginal difference in price the Revo one could be great, but only if it's decent quality!
Just hold tight on the springs..... there might be a delrin bush coming up to eliminate the side to side play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk