Feedback welcome on my DC5...

Fizz

Wasnt looking for a DC5 at all... in fact i was looking for a cheap 325/328 bimmer to strip out and play with on track but then this was brought to my attention from a friend and thought sod it. Always loved them and fancied trying out out so put a deposit down and bought it.

So got it delivered midweek but due to work i have not been able to get it washed properly and take some pics until today so here it is.

2001 Honda Integra Type R DC5
39k with full Jap and UK service history
Kai Racing Rims
DC cat back exhaust
AEM long arm ram CAI

The exhaust is very loud when i start it up from cold when its on choke but does settle down once warmed up a bit. Also pops away after its got its temp up and running.

The rims i wasnt sure on as they have been gray and dirty since i got the car... so much so that i was contemplating to get some standard ones on instead but since i washed them today im not too sure now. lol

Still waiting for some dry weather to play with it properly as its been greasy since i got it but going by what i have seen so far im really enjoying being in a more refined and comfortable place to sit than the DC2. Also love the fact its a 6 speed so no more 4.5k (or something similar) crusing at 70mph on the motorways.

Anyone know how much a standard set of rims for the DC5 should cost me used? Also how much do you reckon these Kai rims are worth? Every rim bar 1 is imacculate and there is only one light scrape on the side of one of the alloys.

Anyway.. Cheers again.
Fizz

Edit -

Added some engine and interior shots.. although bit dirty inside at the moment!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Hello and Welcome! Looks a really good example!

I am liking that, really do like those wheels as well! Not seen them before, but in answer to your question, on rimstyle.com they fetch for around £500, So I would sell for about £300 for the set as they are.

Standard wheels can be bought in the parts for sale section, and you will look to be paying £200+
http://www.itr-dc5.c...heels-for-sale/

Love that as is it though, although lowering will set them off MUCH better!

Kei Racing Evo:
http://www.rimstyle....g_evo_bb;dia=17

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Looking good pal, really like the wheels. A bit unsure about the blue bits but i think it would grow on me

Benny-coupe

Advanced Member
39k !!!!!
Thats excellent for a car over a decade old
The alloys are a nice style but as olly said the blue would time time to grow on me ,
I feel dark bronze would look good , however i've always wanted to try a full blue wheel to match the body
Well done on picking up a Gorgeous Dc5

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Where abouts you located mate as that's my friends old car. I was wondering how he was getting on with selling it. Now I know lol
I like the wheels :)

Fizz

Porthos - cheers for the link mate. With some bridgestones they cost £900.. curse lotta monies! As you say, they do look good on the car so might keep em.

Olly - Cheers fella!

Benny - I do love the bronze/gold on cars but it's too scooby to have on a teg. :p

Steve - I'm based in West Yorkshire bud. Car really is great! Tell your mate I will look after it!

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I like it, apart from the wheels and the fact that the numberplate is too big for the surround (that really annoys me one of the first things I sorted on mine)

Health to enjoy. :)

Fizz

Yeah i hear ya. Its got a crack in the plate so when i get it replaced i will sort out the holder etc.

I think some standard white wheels would look ace on a blue teg. Do they do white rims from the factory?

Fizz

Totally forgot the obligatory engine shots! Lol Probably because I was freezing my tits off!

If the weather dries up a bit today I will take some. :)

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Hey buddy nice motor as said above.

I like the rims personally but if you want to see OEM wheels in white on a blue Teg check out my Teegwa build thread mate

WTTC

(null)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Am liking your `Teg a lot mate..DO like those rims too...standard rims on a Blue were silver but there are usually a set or two in white for sale on here...deffo think you made the right choice if you`re using it for a track car too xthumbup

firthy22

Advanced Member
Nice motor. I like the wheels, something a bit different but it does need lowering and the wheels will look even better :)

Keep the rims and get the kerbed wheel touched up. it's not too bad and could be done easily and cheaply.

Now this is just me being anal (so my wife and son reckon) but when aftermarket wheels have 10 holes for different pitches, I hate to see the rusty face of the disc hub through the holes not used. Take off the wheel, rub down the face of the disc hub with wet and dry and give a light spray with heat resistant matt black paint, they will be less noticeable. But if you go oem wheels this won't be needed.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Those wheels look very similar to the Konig Illusion Blue, I was considering these in red a few months back.

Fizz

Really appreciate the replies guys.

Lowering the car seems to be a popular suggestion as on other forums I've posted these pics on.

One of the lads did this to tempt me! :)

Firthy, good idea with the rusty hubs as they annoy me as well! I have a bit of OCD as well. :p

Must say the rims are growing on me now. Might keep em.

Fizz

Well after all of the above I'm having issues with insurance... Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27061-cant-get-decent-ins-for-my-dc5-in-bradford/page__pid__262691#entry262691

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
i think some rear window tints (medium similar to factory) will make the car look better....abit evil with them dark wheels.

as for insurance...haha in bradford??

if you do decide to lower do your research first.id go with springs and camber bolts w/ oem shockers. ive found coilovers a headache.(imo)

unblemished looking car though.

Fizz

What tyre pressure you guys running at?

I noticed the fronts were low on about 27ish so put them up to 32 and now i have even less grip! Granted the weather is shyte at the mo but still unless is bone dry i loose traction off vtec in 2nd all the time.