FFS.....Looks like a trip to the bodyshop...

linzi94

Advanced Member
oh dear, have you tried a bit of heat on it? from the inside out? sometimes that brings the plastic back out, but if the paints chipped then you may want it repaired and painted anyway :(

Raffe

Advanced Member
I reversed into a concrete post at work :oops: :oops: :lol:

The first pic makes it look far worse than it is tbh, but its an ideal opportunity to get the whole bumper and rear lip sprayed as there has been some bodywork done on the lower lip on the o/s as its a bit orange peel like, also there are two small holes where the fog light was attached for SVA so I will get those smoothed out too 8)

Trying to be positive about, just a shame as that money was earmarked for a few more mods :x :x

I am so annoyed with myself its untrue...have never done anything like this in 15 years of driving :roll:

Project

Advanced Member
Put a sticker over it job done :lol:
If your going to be getting a new one why not look at some aftermarket ones?

Chief

Advanced Member
Nasty mate. :( I'm sure Tom at TGM could respray it for you, I wouldn't even consider buying a new bumper for that amount of damage, not at what they cost. :shock:

Raffe

Advanced Member
The first pic makes it look far worse than it actually is.... :?

I am hoping Tom can perform some magic...I am guessing we are looking at insurance money if I need a new rear bumper :x

Project

Advanced Member
once you get a crease in that plastic bumper it is almost impossible to flatten it out, so with the right angle of light you will always notice it, but it doesnt look that bad, you will just spot it yourself all the time, im sure no one else will.

Chief

Advanced Member
Rear bumper is around £453 + VAT chap, thats excluding the lip, second hand ones are rare as hell or have foglight holes. :x

Raffe

Advanced Member
For that price does it come painted??

I suppose I could always fit my lower lip as its undamaged??

Raffe

Advanced Member
Project said:
tbh majority of DC5 crashes are at the front so im sure integrastella could hook you up
I have already PM'd him and Saj in Surrey who breaks Jap cars :D

dazza

Advanced Member
I can just imagine your choice of words after this happened :wink: :lol:
Hope you get it back looking good as new soon mate.