FIFA 2010 vs PES 2010

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
It's that time again when the old debate begins, FIFA or PES???
I have been a commited PES fan since the days of ISS but haven't played PES since 2006. So I pre-ordered my copy of PES to get a headstart on my fellow gaming companions only to find out they're now all playing FIFA...whats that all about?!!
So i downloaded both demos on the PS3 and I am now more confused than ever, to my horror FIFA is actually a decent game of football!

What are you're opinions on this and reasons for choosing one over the other?

mikegsi

Staff member
I've made the mistake of buying the first one that came out before only to then buy the later one and eventually keep one and sell the other at a loss

this time round I've rented FIFA and will prob do the same with pes, big factor in my final choice is what my mates choose, for the last 2 yrs it's been FIFA, and that includes die hard pes fans

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
FIFA is the king of console footy these days. cant beat that online team stuff its a laugh even when your 5-0 down ;)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
I sold Fifa 09 for a tenner,yesterday. :|

I need guns/claymores and grenades,to have a good time....online. :D

raz786

Advanced Member
Just played the FIFA 10 demo, I'm definitely not a Fifa fan, i personally don't like the gameplay, which is most probably because i've been playing PES all these years. After playing the demo I think Fifa is a game i would get bored of, whereas PES I'd play with mates over and over.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
I need guns/claymores and grenades,to have a good time....online. :D

i 2nd that :twisted:

i've downloaded the pes demo and i thinks its pretty good, but however last years pes didn't do it for me at all and i bought fifa (first time since 2000) and it was a very ggod game indeed, how ever i'm still gonna but pes.

(as long as its not on the same release dat as modern warfare 2)

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
FIFA 10 is awesome, where else can you take Brentford to the Champions League!!!

The FIFA online community is excellent as well, you can upload your goals and view other peoples goals:
http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk

I think i'll download the live season where players stats are replicated in real time, so you play games throughout the season mirroring whats going on in the leagues.

mikegsi

Staff member
Rented FIFA 10, not impressed, not that different to 09 IMO, though I only play footy games now and again, with that in mind I'm gonna buy a cheap copy of 09 if pes turns out to be pesh as well

Bring on MW2 in under a month!!

raz786

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
Rented FIFA 10, not impressed, not that different to 09 IMO, though I only play footy games now and again, with that in mind I'm gonna buy a cheap copy of 09 if pes turns out to be pesh as well

Bring on MW2 in under a month!!
You pre-ordered your copy Mike? Can't wait for it, should be awesome :green:

mikegsi

Staff member
Oh yes!!

Can't decide whether to take the release day off work or the day after for late night action!!

DopeDragon

Advanced Member
I usually prefer the late night action. Nothing like beating some drunk degenerate online during the early hours...sad but true :xhelp: