Filter magnets

JCW

Advanced Member
Hi

The tegs going in for it's first service soon. Sooo I've been looking at getting the Spoon magnetic drain plug and then came across a site selling these filter magnets CLICKY correct me if i'm wrong (i probably am) they look like they would do a better job at collecting metal particles than a tiny mag sump bolt. Should i go with the Spoon or the Filtermag or both :wink:

Jon.

Suped

Advanced Member
TGM fitted the Spoon mag sump plug about a month ago when in for a service. Not noticed anything in amazement but will find out at the next oil change interval whether it has actually done the job. Let you know then. :lol:

JCW

Advanced Member
lol... don't think i can wait that long but look foward to hearing your findings :)

just found a pic

Think i'll be fitting one :shock:
I belive it's the RA-300 that we need (70 - 87MM) ?

mikegsi

Staff member
tbh i couldnt reccomend either, imo with regular oil changes you shouldnt have anything to worry about

dan the man

Advanced Member
mikes right, but when i did my last oil change i usedhamp oil filter and spoon sump plug just as a matter of course.

I razz her to death so gets good parts :idea: :idea: :idea:

Suped

Advanced Member
mike, who's the contact you bought them off?? I do fancy getting the odd 1 or 2 for spares. :lol:

JCW

Advanced Member
Will do regular oil changes got some Silkolene Pro S 5W-40. Still waiting on the Hamp oil filter from Dragon2modz, they sent it by recorded del but royal mail promptly managed to deliver it back to them having mistaken the senders addy for the receipients lol! Dragon2modz are great tho they send you loads of emails to keep you updated.