Finally a DC5 owner!

dk123

Advanced Member
Hey everyone,

Well after months of waiting and searching, a 800 mile venture, I finally have my lovely DC5! After owning an ep3 and an FN2, I can now say that I have the car I've always wanted! It has been nearly 3 weeks since I picked her up and I have loved every moment.

First things first, I took it to Tdi-North (pretty local) and let them give it the once over treatment - they were awesome and helpful as usual and l left there feeling confident in the new purchase. Following that I fitted a new Pioneer headunit as it was lacking sounds when I picked it up and as much as I quite liked the pure engine noise - music always pleases the better half! Other than that I have given her a good clean (clay, wash, wax, etc) about 4 times and basically admired/driven it :xyes:

I couldn't be happier - one Japanese owner, one uk owner, 75000 miles and great condition. Can't wait to start using the forum more - everyone on here seems super friendly and helpful. Really wanted to meet everyone at Japfest but somehow I managed to book my fiancees birthday present to Ireland on the same weekend :xaiweb6: (I did curse myself!) Japfest 2 is looking very promising though.

Anyways, hopefully meet some folks soon and meet up with some cheshire locals!
Cheers Dan
DK - DC5 pic.jpg

dk123

Advanced Member
Cheers guys and thanks for the warm welcome - just super happy with it and even happier with the condition of it. In terms of mods, it is currently pretty standard - the only mod is some Rays alloys, which are pretty nice. It has been into Honda and had a full service, plus undersealed. Hoping it won't stay standard for too long - would love to drop the height slightly. This forum is dangerous - looking at the build threads on here means I end up with a shopping list for the coming months :xtsk: The quality of the cars on here is unbelievable.

Good to hear there is someone else from the Cheshire area :xgrin: Mike - your car is amazing.

I am 99% sure about Japfest2. I have not been to Japfest2 before, so would be great to head there and meet folks from the forum.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Nothing that's not already been said but it does look great. The headlights look nice and crisp which always makes the whole car look so much choice cleaner.

Enjoy the ownership bud ;)

dk123

Advanced Member
Thanks David. Look forward to meeting people and getting advice on future mods.