Finally installed the RBC intake mani

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
I picked this up from somebody in the US, he got the manifolds and had them cut already, so basically it was just a matter of installing.

One thing I can say, WOW!!! The thing has much more response, I also have mated to it a Toda throttle body, with its taper design should in theory force the air in at a higher velocity (venturi effect).

Also had a friend fab up an aluminum pipe for the air intake pipe, the stock rubber piece just didn't fit quite right as it is too stiff to bend in shape. Plus it had a tear in it where it mated to the throttle body.

Here are some pics...

You can see the difference and quite a difference it is between the RBC and PRC manifolds. The air doesn't have to fight the IM to make its way into the engine. It is now a straight shot and it shows when driving. The runners are probably pretty close to being the same length, just straighter.

It does sit awfully close to the radiator support bar, but does not make contact. I would imagine if somebody has the shitty stock rubber mounts that there would be a very HIGH chance of it hitting. If anyone still has those stock mounts, CHANGE THEM NOW!!! Seriously, not sure why Honda went with the super soft luxury mounts. Other things that need to be done are the a/c line mount needs to be altered somewhat and the bonnet holder needs to be removed, mine already was when I installed the bonnet dampers.

I highly recommend this small upgrade. I would be loving it right now, but Saturday night somehow the daughterboard in my KPro fried, removed the daughterboard and waiting on Hondata's reply as to what I can do. Currently the car is 3900rpm rev-limited with a CEL on. Can't connect to check the code as it no longer communicates.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
i was about this mod,

how much does it cost, and where do we get the mani's from??

Cheers.

JDC5

Charged DC5
my cousins gettin one from the states..

looks interesting.. future mod added to my listed..

will the car need to be remapped?

cheers

JD

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah im thinking about it, i would sell the kits ready to go on. In other words they would be ready cut and sorted because if you dont have the means to cut it yourself it could be a bitch to do and also be quite expensive. You cant just buy the mani on its own you need the converting bracket that allows you to fit the K20a TB. Also i wouldnt fit this without ESEM or an ETD wound rite up. I would fit a Hondata heat gasket aswel as you have to cut a small hole in the gasket to accomadate the new breather pipe position. So you would need:

RBC intake mani
karcepts throttle body adapter plate
longer breather pipe
Hondata manifold gasket
All TB gaskets
ESEM

So it would cost you more than £180 ill tell you that much. If people are interested in these i will get a rough price together for the complete kit including cutting the mani. Shipping from the states is the dearest part but i have a man out there who ships my bits over so i save £££.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Dave PM me a price with out ESMMs please matey! Want one of these oretty soonish!

JDC5

Charged DC5
YEah.. if you could make a price lits of the whole kit, that be great

but if its gona cost abt £250ish... i mite go for the M and H honda carbon fibre surge kit instead

Cheers

Jimmy

Glitch

Advanced Member
Yeah i will get a price together. I expect it will be around the £250 mark thow with the mounts and hondata gasket.

What is the M and H honda carbon fibre surge kit?

What is the RRC intake from?

JDC5

Charged DC5
Glitch said:
Yeah i will get a price together. I expect it will be around the £250 mark thow with the mounts and hondata gasket.

What is the M and H honda carbon fibre surge kit?

What is the RRC intake from?
here is the m and h surge kit... i think it looks much better then the RBC inlet.. but dnt knw if it will perform the same...

http://www.nengun.com/m-and-m-honda/super-surge-tank

whats ur view on this?

Cheers

Jimmy

Evs

Advanced Member
That just looks like an airbox for ITBs - not exactly a plug and play installation like the RBC mani :!:

Evs

Advanced Member
- Connects 4x 50mm throttle bodies to the intake box
- Sports Throttle body not included in the kit
'4x50mm throttle bodies' means ITBs to me, and if you look at the third pic on the page it shows the setup connected with a flexible hose to a big air filter arrangement - no single throttle body in between like you have as standard.

Glitch

Advanced Member
Oh sorry i got a bit confused when you said m and h. Yeah ive seen that before but like EVS sais its basically ITB's with a carbon surround so you would possably need to run ALPHA N mapping with it. Also if you look at the price its £225 just for the intake, you then need the piping kit which is £58 so thats £283 before shipping and import tax etc. Then there is the matter of fueling. The RBC mani can be used with the existing fuel rail but im not sure about the perge kit. No doubt its a good bit of kit as M&M Honda do some serious stuff but i think its alot more in depth than just bolt it on and away you go.

JDC5

Charged DC5
cheers evs and glitch

yeah.. i get it now.. i kinda looked at the picture wrong.. lol

i think its best to the stick to the RBC inlet...

keep us posted mate

Jimmy

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
what happened to this post?

iv been reading about rrc vs rbc...and i think generally speaking the rrc is better for a more of a modded car producing that extra 3-5hp over a rbc which produces around 8-12hp over the stock dc5 prc manifold.

some 1 correct me if im wrong!

...but if your really tryna squeeze that extra few hp out your engine.....rrc is the way to go.

rbc is more easily available too.....and you dont have the hassle of the IACV port....

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2541002 info on here.