FINALLY !!!

P15UL T

Advanced Member
Well today was suppose to be the big day that i finally got to drive my car for the first time after buying it nearly three weeks ago. i called honda (kilmarnock) to book it in for its first MOT as the dvla wanted this done before i registered it.
Got up this morning all happy and proceeded to de-ice the car, thought it would be a good idea to put the ignition on and defrost the rear window. was finished sraping the ice off and opening the drive way gates (really excited at this point) put my hand on the door handle only to discover the the bloody alarm had went into anti-hijack mode (f**k !!!!) what do i do :shock:
its 7:45 in the morning and clifford arent open (no-body is open)
suddenly remembered that i have a spare fob for the alarm (phew) ran in to get it , pressed the button.........nothing (s**t, s**t, f*****g s**t). :evil: so finally got a hold of clifford to hear that i needed to shash a window as there is no fail safe. called dave at steels honda to find out the price of a new rear quarter glass and then thought i would have one last go at breaking and entering which to my avail WORKED.....YEEHAH. thank god the alarm wasnt armed.
so made it up to honda 2.5 hours late after the best driving experiance of my life to hear that they couldnt do it till tomorrow. big guy up stairs is trying his hardest to p**s me off today but after driving the beast i couldnt get the smle off of my face :D
just means i get to drive it tomorrow 8)

T666YPR

It was sort of,not your day today,nearly :( :D

Wouldn't be too happy about smashing my own windows because of an alarm cock up :shock:

Please don't tell anyone how you broke in either :|

Almost there,now you know it's worth the wait anyway :D

Simon

P15UL T

Advanced Member
dont worry it was luck mostly.
but will definetly be getting another key cut.
and will need to disable the anti hijak mode
cant wait till tomorrow :D
had the missus out in it tonight - up and down the street (sweaty hands :lol: )
i didnt realise how v-tech would feel :xgrin:

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Sounds like a real nightmare. :( You've had a fair wait, so I hope the car made up for the unfortunate first day.
Time to get out and enjoy it now 8) :xvtec:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
got it mot'ed today and they called me up to say that it needed new window wipers and the headlights need re-alignment , 90 quid all in.
will get the road tax tomorrow (if your reading this james i could be doing with that cheque :D )
noticed that the tyres on one side of the car are different than of the other, so will have to change them to front and back.
i was accellerating going round a roundabout when the front end stepped out on me then stepped back so probably think it is the tyres.(it was a bit moist out so probably should be more carful :oops: )
does anyone know what the tyre presure shoud be on the standard rims ?

T666YPR

Front:230kPa/2.3kgf/cm(power of 2) or approx 32.7psi
Rear:220/2.2 or approx 31.3psi
Spare:420/4.2 or approx 59.7psi :shock:

T666YPR

I suppose it's because being skinny it has to hold up the same weight in a smaller area.

That would be a guess though.