Finding Import Sheet for DC5

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Can this be done online?

It never came with my car so just interested to know can this be done?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Modmedia said:
Can this be done online?

It never came with my car so just interested to know can this be done?
I never got one too. Wonder if you can get it from the importer, if you know who they are of course.

martinj46

Advanced Member
The previous owner of my car sent a letter to the DVLA asking for any information and documents they held on their system. The original import documents were one of the documents sent out to him.

Could be worth a try?

Torque-GT

If we imported it, we should have the info on record if t came through an auction. BIMTA can be used to verify mileage at import into the UK as well

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I got all mine from the DVLA... There's a request form you can get from DVLA online, complete it and the they will send you all the paperwork they have on the car.

I got a right wedge, shipping docs etc (granted everything was in Japanese but hey ho, good to have)

This is form I completed and sent off....
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/V888.pdf

There is a small charge, but was worth it pal.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
That's really helpful thanks! I wonder would it matter though that my car is now in Northern Ireland on an NI plate?

Ill try filling it in anyway and just give the English plate it used to be on as well.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I'm not sure with regards to your NI plate pal. It may be worth calling them first to ask, see what they say then send the form.

Let us know how you get on pal.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
No mate, printed it off the website... Link for the V888 above, print it, post it and they will post it all to you, oh and don't forget the money :)

2ndy

Advanced Member
Just thought i would post here, anyone have any luck getting any documents?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Just been looking at the export certificate of my DC5 and found out the the registration of my car in Japan was 大阪 399 ち 9663 which translated is Osaka 399 Chi 9663. Sadly the owner name and address comes up as a Japanese trading company so I guess a dealer.

So cool. Wish I could get a Japanese plate made up now.