FIRST DAY as new owner

TYPERJAY

wow what can i say i just wish i had of changed sooner lol the car is the nuts.

1) handling = 10/10

2) looks (inthe flesh) 10/10

3) performance 9/10 soon to be 12/10 :wink:

all in all i love it well worth the money.

slight prob i am getting a knockfrom the right had side its more sounds like loose trim or heavy cable or hard plastic.
i have read the other posts about the top strut nut needs tightening and this is ok , the car is perfect just for this anoying rattle.

any ideas ?

User

Advanced Member
The knock on mine (RHFront over bumps, goes when warm) still exists.

I tightened the top mount bolt and it was already tight.

I got under the car and everything looked perfect.

Then i emailed a forum member who's not been around for a while but who posted about the same complaint. Nice chap - replied straight away, i'll copy in the email I got from him as follows :-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds like the same noise to me. Right hand side, more prominent
when the car is cold and if you are turning *slightly* left and off
throttle.

I never got to the bottom of it to be honest, but I was told by an
engineer at Honda that the suspension parts on the DC5 are different
from the EP3's (light weight, aluminium I think) and this can
cause some noises from that area as the parts expand differently
etc.

I can put you mind at rest though, when I got my car it had 6k miles
on it. I now have about 33k miles on it and the noise has not got
any worse - not even slightly. My advice, stop thinking about it right
away, there is no problem. :)

All the best with the car man, you chose well Padawan :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically, i'm just living with it, when the car warms up - sure enough the knock goes. My advice is to take his advice and chill out - just enjoy it, everything is fine.

:)

TYPERJAY

:D OKLY DOKY thanks for that i just cant wait to get out of work to blat her home on the private test track :wink:

cheers

john

lewissheridan

TYPERJAY said:
:D OKLY DOKY thanks for that i just cant wait to get out of work to blat her home on the private test track :wink:

cheers

john
Jay, would you mind letting me know where you bought the DC5 from , I just want to gauge some insight into which importer you used, the general experience and prices involved if you don't mind. I'm sitting on the fence at the moment about committing to a purchase, so any information would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance, Lewis

TYPERJAY

lewissheridan said:
TYPERJAY said:

cheers

john
Jay, would you mind letting me know where you bought the DC5 from , I just want to gauge some insight into which importer you used, the general experience and prices involved if you don't mind. I'm sitting on the fence at the moment about committing to a purchase, so any information would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance, Lewis
sure mate no probs i got the car from nigel and jay at jap-per-cars use the banner at the top of the page they are very helpfull and dont give you bullshit. and will take p/x

also craked a deal for a quad aswell when i was there lol

hope this helps

Zero7

Advanced Member
Congrats and welcome to the club, the only comment I'd have on your voting is the handling, i'd put it at 7/10, need a couple of mods to make it better.

Have fun and be safe.

TYPERJAY

cheers guys for the big welcome to the real world lol the attention from the ladies is so much better than the ctr :wink:
but i cant get over the whole package.

gonzo

Advanced Member
TYPERJAY said:
cheers guys for the big welcome to the real world lol the attention from the ladies is so much better than the ctr :wink:

ladies love it!!!!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

andyd

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
TYPERJAY said:

ladies love it!!!!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i would have to agree.

i've have a few offers to even christen the car :lol: :lol:

Andy

kingston

Advanced Member
Yes they do :D , apart from the spoiler :roll:

Pricks just say daddy's car as i roll bye :evil: :evil: (not my fault i look young :D )