First gear full throttle launch limit when accelerating

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've been having an issue with my car recently. It is mapped with KPro, RBC inlet, Mugen intake, DC mani and RM01A exhaust.

If I am wanting to pull away quickly then sometimes the car stops accelerating, almost as if it's hitting the KPro launch limiter, the KPro doesn't think the car is moving hence the limiter kicks in. If I then back off the throttle or change to second gear all is fine. Of course it could be something different.

Anyone had this? I've only noticed this recently and it's been mapped for some time.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I've been having an issue with my car recently. It is mapped with KPro, RBC inlet, Mugen intake, DC mani and RM01A exhaust.

If I am wanting to pull away quickly then sometimes the car stops accelerating, almost as if it's hitting the KPro launch limiter, the KPro doesn't think the car is moving hence the limiter kicks in. If I then back off the throttle or change to second gear all is fine. Of course it could be something different.

Anyone had this? I've only noticed this recently and it's been mapped for some time.
Have you had the final drive changed?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
This may be your issue as the K-pro is reading the old final drive values from the speed sensor.

That is if you've changed the final drive after you've had it mapped.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
This is interesting to read as I am considering an RBC and final drive or at least the final drive and did not know you'd need to map it after which helps me now if this is the case as may as well save and do it all at once.

Chris please let me know if this is the issue as will help me to start getting the pennies together for the next steps of my car :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
This may be your issue as the K-pro is reading the old final drive values from the speed sensor.

I can't remember when the final drive was installed, but it has been a few months now. This issue, as far as I recall, only seems to have manifested itself recently.

That said, it may have coincided with my gearbox speed sensor being replaced, as that was broken from April till a month or so ago and I disabled VSS in KPro. It's since been enabled. I may disable it again on my way to Castle Combe on Friday or at some point and see if I can clear the issue.

I need to check but it does seem to be intermittent.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I can't remember when the final drive was installed, but it has been a few months now. This issue, as far as I recall, only seems to have manifested itself recently.

That said, it may have coincided with my gearbox speed sensor being replaced, as that was broken from April till a month or so ago and I disabled VSS in KPro. It's since been enabled. I may disable it again on my way to Castle Combe on Friday or at some point and see if I can clear the issue.

I need to check but it does seem to be intermittent.
If it goes away when it's disabled then I reckon it's issue with the K-pro getting the wrong speed signals. I can't remember if there's an option in K-pro where you can enter the final drive? But definitely test it with the VSS disabled and see what happens.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
If it goes away when it's disabled then I reckon it's issue with the K-pro getting the wrong speed signals. I can't remember if there's an option in K-pro where you can enter the final drive? But definitely test it with the VSS disabled and see what happens.

Cheers, I'll take a laptop tomorrow and do some testing if I remember. You may be onto something here, I'd never considered the FD being an issue. Thanks!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Cheers, I'll take a laptop tomorrow and do some testing if I remember. You may be onto something here, I'd never considered the FD being an issue. Thanks!
No problem mate, hope you get it sorted!

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:

Im running OEM ECU and recently fitted a 5.3 FD.

The car is running fine, but i remembered that you can enter your FD in the kpro manager. But i dont know what it changes. Speedo seems fine as the Speedsensor is connected to the diff, therefore the FD isnt affecting the speedoreadings.

Does anyone knows what the FD-Value in kpro affects?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
Im running OEM ECU and recently fitted a 5.3 FD.

The car is running fine, but i remembered that you can enter your FD in the kpro manager. But i dont know what it changes. Speedo seems fine as the Speedsensor is connected to the diff, therefore the FD isnt affecting the speedoreadings.

Does anyone knows what the FD-Value in kpro affects?
OEM ECU's are fine with FD changes, it's K-pros that don't like it if the value isn't right

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
OEM ECU's are fine with FD changes, it's K-pros that don't like it if the value isn't right

I see, thanks for clarification

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I never did get to the bottom of this, because the car is now nearly stock again.
Assuming it's all ok now?