First long distant trip since the ownership of a DC5

lujamil

Advanced Member
So Sunday night I travelled to Manchester in the teg (regardless of the clutch making a whistling sound, most probably the release bearing). I put that issue behind me and thought sod it! I'm taking the teg! And I'm glad I did.
The most amazing driving experience I've ever had! Just wow! 500miles in two days of which about 400 were motorway miles. I loved every minute of it. It was comfortable and kept me fully awake at all times. Not a boring old cruise control drive.
VTEC in 6th gear is indescribable. Il just go by the forum rules and avoid any speeding comments but yeah, we all get the drift. £90 petrol got me there and back with LOTS OF VTEC'ING!! That's actually amazing.
Lesson I learnt, you don't know the potential of a DC5 till you take it on the motorway; or even better a track day. I think I'm going to be taking a trip to a track some time soon :p

dave c

400hp K20
They really are excellent cars, glad your enjoying the ownership and yes vtec 6th gear is enough said for the forum lol

dotty

Advanced Member
That isn't a long trip - get yourself over to europe, do the ring a few times, then Spa, then come home, The TEG loves it!

lujamil

Advanced Member
They really are excellent cars, glad your enjoying the ownership and yes vtec 6th gear is enough said for the forum lol
Haha. I came across Astra VXR, Subaru, EP3, BMW Z4, EK9, E30 BMW M3 and many more and only the Subaru was fun to 'drive with'. Lol

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Nice one, I used to enjoy driving Kent-Devon, great run that on the A303, that's about 500 round trip.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
As dotty really. I done 3k miles in 2 weeks going around Europe! Average of 250 miles a day at some points. But it's good that you can realise the potential of the car on the motorway as well as on the track.

d2007ave

Advanced Member
Done 1k miles during a long weekend, couple of times in the teg, last time in heavy heavy rain, takes a bit more handling in bad conditions compared to my old astra, find the seat gives me a sore rear as well, bit more noisy too, higher fuel bills too

In summay don't love it on mega-miles trips
Love it everywhere else :)

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
Always wondered what it would be like to hit VTEC in 6th 8)
When i first got the car i took it to JAE and did it by accident lol. I wasn't concentrating and i had some nob in a beemer up my ass, so i floored to try and merge in left and excrement myself lol. My previous car was a 1.4 mk4 golf s so needless to say the tegs abit faster. First time i drove it i couldnt believe how responsive the throttle was i was spinning the wheels out of every bloody junction lol.