First problem after 3 years of ownership :(

andrewv4

Hey guys, as the title says I have had my first problem today since owning the Teg.

The central locking wouldn't work this morning all the way round the car yet it still beeps when i press the lock and unlock button on my key fob. I have checked all the fuses in the engine bay and they are fine. Does the fuse box under the steering wheel have anything to do with it?

Also the handbrake light will not turn off either. I have fresh pads and discs and there is plenty of brake fluid in the master cylinder so i am really stumped. Are these two things connected?

Thanks

Andy

andrewv4

Just checked all the fuses under the steering wheel as well and they are all fine.

Ive spent the last 2 hours going over the car and have noticed the following problems:

The window wiper will not work on the first click but will work on the medium and fast setting

There is no chime when i leave the key in the ignition or when you open the door

S'arrt

Have you checked the battery? It could be interfering with electrics. Central locking commonly plays up due to flat batteries.

andrewv4

Yep, had a brand new battery fitted from Honda last Tuesday part of my Mot and service.

HondaK20

No idea mate, bit of a noob tbh. Might be a short somewhere, have you changed any of the the bulbs or touched the electrics recently? Have you started the car since Honda had a look at it?

andrewv4

I drive it every day when i go to work and it was fine up until this morning. I've been looking at this forum, the rsx and oz honda forums and a few people have had the same problem. It might be the multiplex in the under dash fuse box so i have ordered one from ebay and hopefully it does the trick

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I would start with the battery given it was the last thing changed especially as it was all fine before hand. What symptoms before changing the battery as you must have had issues to get it swapped out?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Erm

Advanced Member
If you did a search here I've diagnosed this problem previously with mine. Simple fix.

Rom

Advanced Member
I know how annoying it is when people dont search. But in all honesty, forum search functions are pants! I always use google and add :site www.itr-dc5.com to the search for this reason.

Mind sharing Erm, for my own curiosity ?

andrewv4

I did search the forums but they were titled differently, luckily i found 5 or so articles relating to the same problem. I didn't really have any issues with the battery, I've had the car for nearly 3 years now and it was the same battery that was in the car when i bought it. I couldn't find anything in the receipts for when it was last changed so included it in with my service.
Anyway hopefully the mci is delivered Monday or Tuesday so I will update when i install the new box.

Rom here are the links i found

"BRAKE" light stays on dashboard,cruise,central lock,AC not working - Honda-Tech

central locking help please - DC5 Fault And Fixes - Integra Type R Owner's Website

andrewv4

Just finished installing the new interior fuse box and been for a drive and every thing is back to normal :xgrin: