First Track Day Done!!

Stuarty

Advanced Member
WOW!!! Just had my first track day in the Teg at Knockhill and its safe to say I'm hooked!! I'm still buzzing!! Its the first time I've took my own car on track and it was epic even if i did have a massive off moment ha no damage done so its all good ;)

I'm amazed how well the teg handles straight out of the box, I'm running AD08r's all round, with Brembo discs with Ferodo DS2500 and braided lines and the grip was unreal plus it was faultless the whole day

I seen a couple of other Tegs up aswell. 2 white ones on track. One was stripped running 270brake NA bit of a monster.

So if you haven't done it before and you're thinking about it, get it done :D

Russty

Its good to see the growing numbers of dc5s at knockhill . Should try get a honda day organised soon

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Glad you had a good day bud, it really is amazing and what the car is made for.

Best thing is to go with Track Scotland or Monster Unit I'd have thought for an open pit lane run.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
The weather was perfect as-well which always helps, not sure I could trust myself on a wet or even damp track.

Organising a Honda track day would be ideal, I'm sure we could pair up with a couple of other forums to build the numbers up and maybe get a night time track session sorted out...... I'm looking forward to it already haha!!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Did you get any pictures? don't see many reds out on track. lol I've been looking to do one for quite some time now, but I've always stopped myself with things like, "oh ill just wait until that's changed", etc. Really need to go out, but like you, I'd really want to go out in the dry, and preferably with no one else around which I know is never going to happen or feasibly possible. haha I just need to stop making excuses.

But yeah...some pictures would be great. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
I keep making excuses too,car is as ready as it will ever be,baffled sump,brakes,tyres all sorted.

Ronnie31

I was the other white teg. First trackday in teg done. Really enjoyed it and happily not in a rush to make any changes as it went well all day.

Pleased you enjoyed your day stu.

As for pics I'm going to check cliosport site as there was loads of members there

Dan34

Advanced Member
Trackdays are great fun, you'll be hooked now! Think i'm just about into double figures for trackdays attended now and I only started doing them last year! haha

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Did you get any pictures? don't see many reds out on track. lol I've been looking to do one for quite some time now, but I've always stopped myself with things like, "oh ill just wait until that's changed", etc. Really need to go out, but like you, I'd really want to go out in the dry, and preferably with no one else around which I know is never going to happen or feasibly possible. haha I just need to stop making excuses.

But yeah...some pictures would be great. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
It was pretty much spur of the moment stuff for us lot, it worked out better that way as it meant we didn't have much time to think about it lol

You will be surprised the amount of space you can end up with on the track and the sessions were split so the faster cars were together.

I don't have any decent pictures at all, we were all on at the same time so no good ones were take. Hopefully find some up on the forums though.

integraleo said:
I keep making excuses too,car is as ready as it will ever be,baffled sump,brakes,tyres all sorted.
Ha you're more than sorted then!

Ronnie31 said:
I was the other white teg. First trackday in teg done. Really enjoyed it and happily not in a rush to make any changes as it went well all day.

Pleased you enjoyed your day stu.

As for pics I'm going to check cliosport site as there was loads of members there
Ahh nice one, were you the 02 plate behind us just as we went into Knockhill??

Dan34 said:
Trackdays are great fun, you'll be hooked now! Think i'm just about into double figures for trackdays attended now and I only started doing them last year! haha
Its definitely addictive stuff! I'm looking forward to next year already :D

Ronnie31

Stuarty said:
Ahh nice one, were you the 02 plate behind us just as we went into Knockhill??

Its definitely addictive stuff! I'm looking forward to next year already :D
Yeah that was me. Great day for it. Had a few wet and very cold days at knockhill and it's a different experience. Great day though and all the Hondas seemed to be going well.

Got a canny job ahead of me cleaning flies and rubber off car