Fitting different makes of coilovers front/rear

celox performance

Advanced Member
Has anyone fitted, or has fitted, 2 different makes of coilovers on any make or model of car? For example, Teins on the front and Bilstein on the rear etc etc.

The reason I ask is that my front D2 coilovers are leaking oil and because D2 are no more I can't get any replacements :( . The rears are fine but with the fronts having top mounts and on 3.5 degrees of negative camber, I would need some new front coilovers with top mounts.

I can't see any problems with having 2 different make of coilovers front/rear providing that they're set back up correctly but I though i'd ask for some advice first.

dotty

Advanced Member
I think milanochris is removing his D2s as the rears are shagged but the fronts are fine, buy his fronts. 8)

celox performance

Advanced Member
dotty said:
I think milanochris is removing his D2s as the rears are shagged but the fronts are fine by his fronts.
I bought a new pair of fronts from him but they didn't fit. I spoke to Tom@TGM and he wasn't sure exactly why they wouldn't fit, but the bolt holes/top mounts/top adjusters were different to my fronts :? . Also on mine there are screw threads on the bottom of the shocks, whereas on the other there are no screw threads and they're in a fixed position, I'll post some pics of them when I can.