Fitting FN2 type r seats in DC5

creation

I've got some FN2 tyre r seats that i'm trying to get to fit in my DC5. I went for these as I read that you can get them to fit with simple modifications and you need to bolt the DC5 rails on the FN2 seats. I have got the DC5 seats and rails off that was easy enough. However looking at the FN2 seats I can't see any way to take the rails off, is anyone able to shed some light on what I need to do to get the rails off and the new ones to fit?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say you will need to do some welding to attach rails that fit DC5 to the FN2 seats.

I fitted some FN2 seats to my VW t5 van and remember angle grinding the seat rail bolt brackets off of the seat rail to give myself a flat rail to which I made an adapter to fit the VW T5 seat frame and I had to do this without removing the FN2 seat off the rail as from memory I couldn't see an easy/obvious way too do it.

Perhaps you were getting on confused with the Premier Edition EP3 Recaro seats which are interchangable with the DC5 ones by swapping the rails over.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
As above, its the EP3 Premier recaros that are a relative straight swap, and not FN2 seats....sorry.

Having said that, anything can be made to fit. As Wingnuttzz has suggested, some fabrication work may be required if you were set on using the FN2 seats. (not recaros hence the non removable rails.)

creation

After looking into it further you are right. A few people on the Acura RSX forum had said they had done it and that was straight forward enough. However that must be because they must be experienced with metal work and welding! The rails do need cutting off and the other ones welding on which is beyond my skill. So unfortunately i'm going to have to sale the FN2 seat son and get some other ones.

I may get some EP3 recaros like have been suggested. They look just like the Recaros I had in my FTO that were originally from an Evo 4 and were really comfortable.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Just be aware we are not talking about the normal EP3 seats here bud, they did a premier edition EP3 final run type model, and that had red and black recaros in it. I imagine you would have the same trouble with generic EP3 seats as you are with the FN2 seats currently...

Hope that makes sense :)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Should be bolt on fit to the DC5 seat rails as they are all Recaro's. So Evo Recaro's, EK9 and DC2 Recaro seats etc should be a bolt on fit.