Fitting Injen CAI this morning...

DP.

Advanced Member
It arrived in the week.. so once ive had some breakfast this morning its going on!! woohoo

DP.

Advanced Member
what a day.. its getting bloody warm out there.. bumper came off pretty easily.... airbox was out within 2 minutes.... going to remove washer bottle in a minute

i popped honda for some spare bumper clips as one was missing but they have had to order them for me :( lol - would have thought they would keep things like that in

DP.

Advanced Member
well.. that was pretty straight forward :D

I had to re-drill the bottom hole in the new washer bottle as it wouldn't align with the hole... i decided to drill the tack welds on the battery tray whilst i was going to make it nice and neat :)

I was worried about the downpipe rattleing against the metal so i cut a bit of bike innertube and put it down there so its nice and padded.

The air temp sensor seems a little loose inside that gromit tho... im sure it will be ok but it wasn't as tight a fit as in the old one.

didn't take all that long amongst chatting to peeps on msn, posting on here and helping my next door neighbour with something lol.

going to start it up in a min - just need to reconnect the battery :)

Splink

Advanced Member
hehe :)

i wish mine went as smoothly as that ..

well i did spend the day with a hangover when i did mine :)

DP.

Advanced Member
all done.. .. OMG putting the bumper back on got messy.... it was covered in waxoyl underneath and it got very sticky hahaha...

was a bit more tricky putting it back on this time as i was on my own.. still managed ok tho.

tools have all been put away.. just need to get changed now and then take it out for a spin :d

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Ok.. have you got back from your test drive yet? :D
Or maybe it was so good you just kept going! :lol:

DP.

Advanced Member
hahaha.. it was awesome!!!!

sounds absolutely fantastic! i think i can feel a bit more torque too but that may just be the noise giving me that impression hahaha

highly recommend this product to everyone!

andyd

Advanced Member
i have got the injen at home at the mo.

how safe is it to use, as the sticker has only for dry use on it?

Cheers

Andy

DP.

Advanced Member
i had big concerns at first but after some research and digging about im not so worried any more... the only time its ever going to be a problem is if ALL the filter is fully submerged in water- this is only really ever going to happen if you try to drive through a deepish stream / brook or a flooded road.

However saying that... im not going to be silly and go blasting through deep puddles just in case haha - better to be safe than sorry :)

andyd

Advanced Member
i have just fitted mine.

Looking at it, as gonna soak water up really easy. So its coming off!

and being returned!

ANdy

T666YPR

Mines been fine through the wet weather since I put it on,I'm sure Mark (UW)
has had no problems with his for over a year and I think Mike (MJTypeR) used to run with one.

Really is NO problem with rain or regular puddles.

Notice the filter has a built in splashguard at the front too,to help avoid ingesting water through the brake duct.

DP.

Advanced Member
it doesn't matter if the filter gets a little damp.. its when it gets submerged in water that you need to worry!

andyd

Advanced Member
cheers guys.

i am just very worryed about blowing my engine up again hee hee.

So i have ordered a Gruppe M today.

if any wants a Injen kit drop me a PM

Andy

DP.

Advanced Member
well mine is staying where it is :roll:

wheels and tyres is next on the list lol

mikegsi

Staff member
does this kit come with blow by blow instructions??

ive just ordered one and dont want to wreck or snap anything when i fit it?