Fitting lowering springs

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Searched this forum for any posts about fitting lowering springs and had no joy! Was wondering how difficult it would be to swap the springs over myself or if its more of a garage job what do u guys think has anyone done this themselves ?

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
Hi,

If you have no experience doing it I would get a garage to do it, should be around £80 to fit them. It isn't hard but small things could go wrong causing bigger problems...

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Depends how good you are with things like this.

To be honest we've done it 2/3 times now on a DC5 and have the process down to a fine art lol... The first time was a learning process and obviously took longer.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Garage recently done mine and didn't use a spring compressor. Looked a fairly easy job but they have done it so many times before

Phil r type

Advanced Member
the main thing to look out for if you do it your self is the disc can drop down and pull the drive shaft out the box, its not that hard of a job have a look on you tube and there are some good help vids . thats what i did :xhappy:

twiny

very easy job as long as you have abit of common scense with the dc5 coil compressors arnt even needed done mine a couple of weeks ago with a socket set spanners trolly jack and axle stands