Fitting mudflaps.

firthy22

Advanced Member
As requested from my post on the gallery section I am posting this to show how to, quickly and easily fit mudflaps.

Firstly, you need to go to Ebay and spend £20 on 2 pairs of these:

<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-MUDFLAPS-SC ... 3ca8fcd224<!-- m -->

Next you need to mark the mudflaps to utilise the existing screws that hold the wheel arch liner in place. I did this by using some white cream (tube of E45 cream in my case). I put some cream in the centre of the screws and held the mudflaps in the position I wanted them and pressed against the screws. I then drilled the mudflaps where the white cream had marked them.

As you can see from the next 2 pictures this is the position I chose.

Front:

Rear:

If you look at the following picture, the 3 yellow circles are the existing arch liner screws and the pink circle is an extra screw that is just screwed into the arch liner itself. You will also need to cut a piece of the mudflap away to go around the arch liner that sticks out, this is shown by the orange line above the inner screw.

If you look at the next picture of the rear mudflap, you can see where the 3 arch liner screws are used, denoted by the 3 yellow circles.

I then had to screw the mudflap on the innermost part with an extra screw, screwed into the arch liner as shown in the following picture, deoted by the pink circle.

You made need to cut some of the ribs away with a stanley knife if they get in the way of the screws but this will be fairly obvious once the holes are drilled in the mudflaps. All you have to do then, is screw them in place and these mudflaps are quite flexible so will mould to the shape of the arch.

As you can see from the pics there is quite a bit of crap on them and this was just after 1 day driving to work and back so a mod definitely worth doing if your car is a daily driver.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Think I will be buying some of these and fitting them.

I've just had some scuffs on a fresh spray job from driving down a gritty lane :cry:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
nnnnooooooo, please dont put mud flaps on your dc5's , they arnt rally cars. :xaiweb6: :xaiweb6:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
After spending £2.5k on a full respray I'd like to keep it fresh :xgrin:

I found some more subtle type that I think look better

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
get chriscc to make you some clear vinyl stickers to go over the corners instead, they could be easily replaced and will absorb most stone damage, and look 10million times better than mud flaps

firthy22

Advanced Member
I don't think anyone is saying that they enhance the looks of the car but they aren't that noticeable and do save a lot of crap going on the car.

Can you honestly say that you look at these pics and think "Those mudflaps are ugly and totally ruin the car" As I said they don't enhance the looks but they certainly don't ruin it either.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

Ive got em on and I think they look great. Plus less small stone and winter salt damage to the lower part of the bodywork.

When I was a lot younger I managed to lay on me belly at the back of the car and take a photo of them. Wow that white Honda lettering really stood out.

Ps. Do you worry, same as me Firthy that the younger forum members can tell how old we are by the size of our mudflaps.

Regards. Granty

gibby85

Advanced Member
Can you honestly say that you look at these pics and think "Those mudflaps are ugly and totally ruin the car"
Yes. I think they hinder the looks of a DC5. Just like I think they hinder the looks on Evo's and Impreza's. Just not a fan im afraid.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
Clear vinyl rap will do the trick why spoil the looks of a stunning motor?Mudflaps remind me of my Vauxhall Calibra days brought the car went and filled it with fuel and threw the flaps in the bin at the same time. =D&gt;

firthy22

Advanced Member
Clear vinyl rap will do the trick why spoil the looks of a stunning motor?Mudflaps remind me of my Vauxhall Calibra days brought the car went and filled it with fuel and threw the flaps in the bin at the same time. =D&gt;
Well, each to their own but I think vinyl wraps look pants especially after they have been on for a while.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
nnnnooooooo, please dont put mud flaps on your dc5's , they arnt rally cars. :xaiweb6: :xaiweb6:
Totally agree. Vinyl wrap is the way forward. Will get this done to mine eventually. You only need to wrap the inner parts of the bumper not the whole thing!! Sorry not my thing. Did they come off of a CRV?! They HUGE!! Lol