Fitting new DC5 Side Bolster

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

My bolster is not 100% but not the worst by a long shot, however I am looking to sort it in a month or so's time, has anyone here actually done it themselves as I have looked at the guides in the past and not sure I fancy the task and was wondering how easy it really is

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Yeah I've done mine mate.
I followed the guide on here and it were cock on.
From start to finish, including taking the seat out and refitting, it probably took about an hour :)

Indi

Advanced Member
I replaced the bolsters on my Supra which had pretty much the same Recaros as DC5 and followed a guide off here to do it. It's a lot easier than it looks and shouldn't take any more than hour and half to do start to finish :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Thanks for the links and replies guys, this is something I have put off and so really want to get involved and sort it now tbh. I will order the part then, did any who have done this have to trim the new bolster at all as I have heard they are not a 100% fit, any recommendations on re-fitting with the new one so the fabric stretches over it fully?

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I had a new bolster fitted and the original fabric went over the new bolster perfectly fine.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mines not too bad, but another wish list on the list; although would like new fabric too and for the upright sides

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Mines not too bad, but another wish list on the list; although would like new fabric too and for the upright sides
I have spoken to Capital Seating about this mate and to do the side they recommend a whole side and back re-trim to ensure colours correct and this includes re-stitching the Recaro in. They leave lower bolsters and the centres and the cost was about £300 + vat if I remember correctly (can check exact numbers as have the email). But the side bolsters are £40 ish + vat and the fabric again is avail, but to do those and the sides etc is over £600 a seat + vat :-(

p1tse

Advanced Member
Ouch that is quite a bit.

I remember someone putting red leather on the sides and looked quite good and maybe better durability

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Ouch that is quite a bit.

I remember someone putting red leather on the sides and looked quite good and maybe better durability
Agreed mate, I am going to do the lower bolster foam and as the upper has a slight tear in it I may swap the seats over at the same time and put covers on until I decide what to do as no point paying that sort of money to be honest