Fitting query

impne

Advanced Member
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this

My car came with std manifold and cat and pro racer ( also known as 5zigen I believe? ) middle section and back box

I've bought a skunk2 de cat manifold which states on the box ep3 / dc5 plus at was also on a members car before mine.

Car is on mates ramp at the moment and he is a trained mechanic and has vast experience with jdm cars but fitting the manifold it doesn't look like it fits

The manifold went on no problem and sits correctly on the head, we swung the anti roll bar down to fit it and worked it back up while sliding the manifold up but the anti roll bar is now pressed hard against the manifold. We took the tie rod bolt off but it still touches and you'll have to press the anti roll bar with some force to get the tie bolt back on.

Basically it just doesn't look right or look like it is meant to fit, I queried with tegiwa who it came from but they've no idea.

Will it just sit correctly when down on the floor and not knock? Anyone had experience of this or is there something you have to alter slightly to make it sit right?

Other issue is that the centre section is a good inch away from end of the new manifold

You would think the manifold can't be sat correctly taking into account both issues but it definitely is, it's a one piece item

I can't see the pro racer being a different length to std otherwise it wouldn't have fit the std manifold

Any ideas

abbey132

if the car is on a ramp ie wheels suspended off the ground then the arb will touch the manifold, mine did until the weight was back on the wheels, then it cleared, never had any issues with it not matching up with the centre section though

impne

Advanced Member
That's what I initially thought

I'll pop bolts on and lower it and see what happens

I'll have to have a fiddle with the brackets on the middle and back box to see if I can tweek it a bit

Fez

Advanced Member
A friend of mine bought one new and it came with ARB raisers, which moved the arb away from the mani.

impne

Advanced Member
Exhaust is on and fitted

Manifold however is knocking on the front anti roll bar like a good one, it's driving me nuts, glad it's not a daily.

Raisers I can't really see working as to me they'll sit the arb lower pull the arb harder onto the manifold?

Anyway after no answer from tegiwa tech department which is where it was bought from I spoke to a chap in sales, he said you need another anti roll bar, ok, so paid for it in short terms.

Arrived the other day with on the receipt EP3???? I thought that's not going to fit

Had the car on the ramp tonight and no way on earth was that ever going to fit, miles too short. Unreal!

A bit of googling and this manifold seems to have been designed for an Acura RSX left hand drive? Could be wrong but others have had issues

It may fit an EP3/DC5 but not without modification and really in my opinion shouldn't be sold as fitting these cars without modification required advised.

Anyway has anyone else bought a Skunk2 alfa manifold and if so how did they get it to fit the car.

This might be a new manifold coming if I can't get it sorted but I'd rather not pull anymore more out on this for the time being if I can help it

420jamesowen

I've also noticed the skunk2 manifolds don't have a flexi in? The Tegiwa and Dc sports ones do? Seems odd to me?