Fitting RBC

redcap

Advanced Member
Anyone DIY'd it? If so how easy/hard was it to do?

Anything in particular to be aware of?

This has probably been covered but I've not found much fitting info when searching?

integraleo

Advanced Member
I would be interested in this too as im about to buy one.the one im buying has been fitted already tho so hopefully easier fitting

tomlin

Advanced Member
to both of you if fitted before its a easy swap, fitting the 70mm tb can be a pain with the cables etc,

redcap depends on the kind your get new 2nd hand with or with out tb

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I've Just removed my Intake manifold (OEM) and it was a pain in the rear guys honestly Id happily pay a garage to do this next time.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Fitting the RBC isn't too bad of a job if your mechanically minded.. Just remember to remove the studs for the manifold so that the RBC will slip into place as there isn't enough room to simply slide it onto the studs.

redcap

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies so far!

Right found a fitting guide from Karcepts
http://www.karcepts....nstructions.pdf

Can anyone confirm this is correct on the DC5? I am using OEM throttle body and any other parts that do not need to be changed in order to fit the RBC.

This is from the fitting guide I found.

Tools Required
6mm Allen Wrench
13mm Socket

Additional Parts Needed
Honda P/N: 16176-RBC-004 Throttle Body Gasket
Honda P/N: 16176-PRB-A01 Throttle Body Gasket
Honda P/N: 36283-RAA-A00 Vacuum Hose
Hondata (or equivalent) K20 Intake Manifold Gasket

I bought the RBC and some other parts from another forum member so i'm not 100% on the origin of the RBC but it looks like it has been appropriately modified. None of the parts have been fitted previously.

As far as I can tell the RBC I have is the same as pictured in the link below.
http://www.tegiwaimp...gra-type-r-325/

Parts I have are as follows
RBC Manifold marked HF-1 x1
Honda P/N: 16176-PRB-A01 Throttle Body Gasket x2 So I have 1 extra.
Honda P/N: 36283-RAA-A00 Vacuum Hose x1
Tegiwa Throttle Body Adapter x1
Hondata K20 Intake Manifold Gasket x1
Unbranded breather hose x1?

I will need
Honda P/N: 16176-RBC-004 Throttle Body Gasket x1

Is there any real benefit to getting a Tegiwa thermal throttle body gasket?
http://www.tegiwaimp...k20a-k20a2-862/

Anything else I need to get to successfully fit the RBC? I noticed in the guide that they say you should have 2 rubber bungs in fitting the RBC but my adapter only has 1 with it? Is this correct?

As far as fitting goes this is definately the most challenging thing I have thought about fitting myself but assuming I can find the right info on how to do it how hard can it be right?

I have been quoted for fitting some parts by a local Honda tuning company.

To fit an
RBC = £110 + vat
Exhaust Manifold = £165 + vat (seems high not sure if they got RBC and Exhaust Manifold round the wrong way?)
Engine Mount Inserts = £55 + vat

I might still just get TGM to fit these dependant on cost? Are these prices about right?

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Well I just fitted a RBC manifold a few days ago and it didn't went as smoothly as i thought it would be...

1st: the stud on the standard manifold has seized and the threads were stripped so i had to heat it up and use a mod grip on it. Took a few attempt to get it moving.

2nd: the RBC had trouble matching up the bolt holes on the engine block because the base mount was wider than standard ones so i had to trim it down to fit.

3rd: after i got the TB fitted, there were some modification needed on the wiring loom to get it to sit better.

And after everything are fitted and put back together, i started the car and found out it was idling at 4000 rpm. So that maybe suggest that it has an air leak somewhere and the Throttle position sensor need to be set to the right voltage. And I am still in the middle of sorting it out just now, hopefully it is what i think it is. But yeah, it's definitely not as straight forward as some people would say.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Jeez I had my original manifold off and RBC back on in less than a Hr. I remember timing it. I was in a rush. It seemed a simple job to me. The only problem as said was getting the studs out. I just used a vice grips to clamp on the stud and twist it. Took about 5 mins to get the one of them out. Just replaced it with a steel bolt. You will need a long socket to get to the bolt on the bottom left beside the steering pump. I would have a look to see if you can get it before you start. The other 2 bolts underneath can be easily gotten to from the throttle body side.