Fitting stereo problems, locking and stereo won't work

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I've just been trying to fit a new stereo, have got it all done and it won't work. Anywya I've given up for the night with it now, the main problem is that the car won't lock when I press to close it. Also once inside th ecar if I start it up and it auto locks after a few seconds when I turn it off the locks don't re-unlock :?

Should I have disconnected the battery before fitting the new stereo?
What do I need to do to get it working again?

Also, the ISO connector, the Accord one that is the one thats meant to be used doesn't seem a great fit, it isn't tight and just slips in and out quite easily (oor err) :shock:

Cheers
Wardy

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Itis possible you have blown a fuse, there is no reason your central locking won't work after fitting a stereo, you don't need to disconnect the battery,

Is the stereo working properly? all chanels etc?

Wardy7

Advanced Member
No the stereo doesn't even work, so I've clearly not got it right somewhere along the lines. It won't even trurn on.

So I need to have a look at the fuses under the dash then?!

Cheers
Wardy

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Also forgot to mention that the internal light doesn't turn on when opening car door although it will turn on if I switch it to stay on, and when I put keys in the ingition before starting it all the dials flick up and then go back down to usual place :?

I know fitting a stereo ain't hard but wish I'd just taken it somewhere now :cry:

Also anyone else who has used the Accord ISO did it have a good fit as mine doesn't seem to have any sort of grip to keep it in place (possibly a clip has come off the other connector)!

Cheers
Wardy

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Yeh a 10 amp one has blown so will replace that and see if I get anywhere, nice one (although I know my luck so it won't solve all the issues) :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Also check then you've not nicked any wires behind the stereo as if you short one of the live ones to ground this blows fuses. Did similar myself and my car wouldn't start :lol:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Sweet well the car now has it's locking and everything back working having changed that fuse so nice one C&S Evo7 & MilanoChris :)
Now is the task of getting the stereo working as it hasn't sorted this unfortunately.

I will perhaps take a pic of the wiring behind it to see if anyone can spot anything.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Is there a fuse on the back of the headunit? And have you checked all the otehr fuses in the box?

Wardy7

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Is there a fuse on the back of the headunit? And have you checked all the otehr fuses in the box?
Yeh I checked all the fuses in the box and there was only the 1 duff one (well I didn't check the 100+ rated fuses).

There is no fuse ont he back of the stereo, just went to check that one!

I have just tried the old stereo back in and that does work so I'm thinking it's perhaps the ISO connector maybe. Myabe I should go back to halfrauds and get another to see if the other was a duff, as I say, the plug that went directly into my old stereo doesn't stay in the ISO connector I've bought, it's very loose fitting and not how it should be! :?

Wardy7

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Which ISO connector did you buy? It's the one from the Accord you need from memory :?
Yup the Accord one is what I've got, it just clearly doens't fit well with the other plug though!
Could it be a case that someone could of stuck on a different plug or anything before I bought the car perhaps as I think it looks like the wires have previously been cut due to the yellow tape around them or is this unlikely!?

Grrr, I hate things not working when they should :cry:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I dunno if this is much use or not? I'm guessing it's prob not but though I'd upload anyway just incase it is?
That is the black connector that went straight into my last stereo and what I have been trying to plug into the Accord ISO connector.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Doesn't look like mine at all mate :lol:
Now thats good and bad I suppose. :)
Good that that is probably the reason it's not working and bad coz I need to figure out what I need to do, bugger bugger bugger! Maybe a different ISO connector is what I need, any way to figure out which one I need to go for though as the Accord one clearly doens't fit it right?! :?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'll get a pic of mine up mate, but it's a bit more complicated as I've got three RCA cables and loads more!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Nice one thanks mate! :)
Also might just bob to Halfrauds in a bit and get them to have a look at the connector and see if they have one that fits it, that should hopefully sort it?!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sorry mate, forgot about this. I'll get it done tomorrow as I have to do some fault finding of my own. Sadly I think I'll be looking for a new four channel amp :( more expense.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
No worries mate, me thinks I'm gonna have to take that connector off and do some wiring as it's just going to be guesswork to find a plug that matches the one thats on.
Thanks for the help mucka and hope yours gets sorted without costing too many £££'s! :?