Fitting the front grille Honda badge - how!?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Got a new nose for my car yesterday, as the old red H badge had three stonechips in it. However, I can't see how it's supposed to fit, as the "pins" on the back of the badge are longer than the holes in the mount in the middle of the grille. Do I have to trim these? What will keep it in place assuming it fits all the way down?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Got a new nose for my car yesterday, as the old red H badge had three stonechips in it. However, I can't see how it's supposed to fit, as the "pins" on the back of the badge are longer than the holes in the mount in the middle of the grille. Do I have to trim these? What will keep it in place assuming it fits all the way down?
not sure if these are the same as on my old dc2 but the pins are just there to line it up,its just strong sticky backed.well was on the dc2 anyway

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Hello, I am doing mine soon (tomorrow)

I believe there are 2 nuts that hold it on from behind the bumper, you will need to get the bumper off to access these.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6545-rsx-workshop-manual/

Page: 20:87

I have no doubt I will post up a little how to on the subject, although all you have to do is get the front bumper off as per the RSX Manual.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Sorry lads did mine just before japfest there not nuts they are 2 Phillips screws, all you need to do is take off the clips that hold the grill to the the front panel and pull that back then you will need a very dumpy screw driver, it's abit fiddley as there's not alot of room.

No trimming required the pins you talk of have holes in the end and this is what the screws go into, you will see exactly how it goes once the old one is off.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Cool, cheers guys. Had the bumper resprayed due to massive stonechipping, the badge disintegrated when they took it off! Going back for a final polish anyway, so will get them to do it now I know it's not the wrong badge!