FK2 calipers

aleksboch

Advanced Member
Anyone know if these can be fitted onto a DC5? And if so, what size disc etc to fit under oem 17" rims?

Reggie91

Advanced Member

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
What is the benefit of this kit over the OEM brakes with a decent set of discs, pads, fluid etc?
I don't run them pal so can't tell you really but I imagine they're a massive improvement in every possible way.

Likely to stop better, no sponginess in the pedal, larger brakes and larger diamater so safer when braking.

If I had the wedge it would be one of the first things I'd improve really.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
What is the benefit of this kit over the OEM brakes with a decent set of discs, pads, fluid etc?
Can tell everyone you have A BBK lol.utterly pointless imo for road only driving. If you track and really hard on the brakes then maybe.

I suppose you have the benefit of brand new calipers versus 15yr old ones. I'd like to try both to notice the improvement

Reggie91

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Can tell everyone you have A BBK lol.utterly pointless imo for road only driving. If you track and really hard on the brakes then maybe.

I suppose you have the benefit of brand new calipers versus 15yr old ones. I'd like to try both to notice the improvement
It's the reason I asked lol. Just got back from Spa and defo felt the brakes were something that needed improving

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Decent disks and pads should do the job.
Ive got ap racing disks and on track used ds3000 pads and brakes were amazing on track.. no fade atall. Use stock brembo pads for road use and they are no where near the same in effectivness

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Max77

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
I don't run them pal so can't tell you really but I imagine they're a massive improvement in every possible way.

Likely to stop better, no sponginess in the pedal, larger brakes and larger diamater so safer when braking.

If I had the wedge it would be one of the first things I'd improve really.
How can you offer recommendation on something that you don‘t have first hand experience of?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Max77 said:
How can you offer recommendation on something that you don‘t have first hand experience of?
Fair comment but like I said above, I'm absolutely confident it would be a massive improvement over the stock setup which lets face it, is garbage.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
DC5 calipers seem fine to me, I've only done Donnington and Cadwell though. Never had fade, I use PBS pads, RPB discs, RBF600 and braided lines.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ollieh17

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
DC5 calipers seem fine to me, I've only done Donnington and Cadwell though. Never had fade, I use PBS pads, RPB discs, RBF600 and braided lines.

People expect to touch the pedal and be flung out the windscreen, and thats what makes 'better brakes'

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I feel the same as many have also said on here. Decent lines, fluid, discs and pads and with OEM DC5 calipers you'll be fine.

I have used the below all last season on many track sessions

OEM Discs
Dixel ES Pads
Hel Braided Lines
RBF 660 FLuid and not once did I have an issue

I now have
Project Mu HC+800 Pads to fit and looking to buy Project Mu or endless Discs later this year but the reason for this is I will be using the oem's with Dixel on the road until they are worn away and the Project Mu/Endless setup on track only.

Never had any issues and the only reason I would look to swap the setup is if a caliper failed me or if I wanted to reduce additional weight as Spoon calipers etc weigh far less.

Maybe the op's calipers are a bit old and worn and need a rebuild meaning they are not working as efficiently as they could or something.

All this FSRU, BBK stuff does my head in lol... 90% don't even use the car(s) to their max anyway so it's all pointless unless you compete, use the brakes less job done :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Civic Cup use the same setup in my comment I believe but on EP3 calipers. They race for 15-20 minutes and they're fine.

Until my talent level rises I'll keep to the stock caliper.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Don't want to get into an argument with anyone as I'm entitled to my opinion but it's not so much brake fade, they're just poor brakes full stop and that's even after a caning. The pedal feel is fucking atrocious, they're spongy as hell. If you have to pull up quickly they feel terrible. You lot are all happy with yours so that's fine but mine are total crap and they unsettle the balance of the car. I'm going to refrain from my posting my views on them going forward.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Don't want to get into an argument with anyone as I'm entitled to my opinion but it's not so much brake fade, they're just poor brakes full stop and that's even after a caning. The pedal feel is fornicateing atrocious, they're spongy as hell. If you have to pull up quickly they feel terrible. You lot are all happy with yours so that's fine but mine are total crap and they unsettle the balance of the car. I'm going to refrain from my posting my views on them going forward.

I do agree with you on some extent that the pedal feel isn't massively great (it's not them fading) it can feel like it unsettles the car going into a corner. This is apparent braking from in excess of 100MPH, I think it's more of a confidence thing. I've never driven a DC5 with a BBK so I have nothing to compare to, at Cadwell I was getting more confident with the car so I could brake later and harder. I understand some people fit the master cylinder brace to stop the firewall flexing under hard braking. Maybe worth a try than spending 1K+ on a BBK.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Don't want to get into an argument with anyone as I'm entitled to my opinion but it's not so much brake fade, they're just poor brakes full stop and that's even after a caning. The pedal feel is fornicateing atrocious, they're spongy as hell. If you have to pull up quickly they feel terrible. You lot are all happy with yours so that's fine but mine are total crap and they unsettle the balance of the car. I'm going to refrain from my posting my views on them going forward.

Maybe they are causing all your issues! whip them off and get them rebuilt