flat spot at point of v-tec

b12oon

Advanced Member
ive had a civic i-vt, then a dc2 and now ive got a dc5, when the v-tec came in on the old cars i used to realy feel the v-tec from the moment it came in. the dc5 has a lot more lower end power and wondered if that was why i dont feel the v-tec come in as agressive also that its an i-vtec could have somthing to do with it but when i reach 6k i dont feel like there is much difference until 7k. im thinking a cai may help but only ever been in this dc5 and wondered if its normal or maybe my immagination.
thanks

mikegsi

Staff member
a cai will help you slightly only to hear when the vtec kicks in, on these i-vtec lumps the changeover is much more progressive and smoother, actually starting to come a lot earlier in the rev range before fully opening at 6k revs as standard

this of course can be fiddled with though!!

Ken A

Advanced Member
The DC5 has more torque basically.As you stated earlier. the DC5 has a lot more low end power than the DC2. Its very fast in gear up to the vTec point. therefore in comparison to the DC2, theres not as much a kick when the vtec is reached because theres greater power up to the vtec point .

b12oon

Advanced Member
thats what i was thinking,it feels a lot quicker b4 v-tec.
what air filter should i consider,i had the a.e.m on my dc2 and it was good,mainly for sounds. i take it most of the civic ones will fit the teg,if so,there will be plenty to choose from.

Ken A

Advanced Member
I'm not too sure if they'll fit or not but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm.

Most guys on here are using Injen, GruppeM, AEM or Mugen.

b12oon

Advanced Member
i think i will just stick with the aem,it was a nice bit of kit for the dc2

imran

DC2 has a Very sharp Vtec note. I have the stock Air Box (ITG Cone Filter) on my car but i think that the Mugen Zorst makes its scream like there's no tommorow! :wink: