Flying to Ireland tomorrow to buy a TEG :)

benje1990

Mark_teg

Staff member
I don't mean to sound rude, but Isn't it a bit late to be asking opinions?
Seems you've already made up your mind if you've booked your flight :)

There's plenty if good ones on the mainland, the best will be on this site IMO!

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Around 40 miles away from me.. I know every white one over here but none of the blue ones I've never looked at any before because I don't like them.

Bit late now but I could have looked at it for you if there was more time.

benje1990

Modmedia said:
Around 40 miles away from me.. I know every white one over here but none of the blue ones I've never looked at any before because I don't like them.

Bit late now but I could have looked at it for you if there was more time.
ye i understand ive left it way to late to be asking this. was mainly enquiring about the price as they seem to be alot more over in the uk?

cheers for you response tho.

barryon

Advanced Member
They are ridiculously cheap over here. That is due to the age group of males that drive them emigrating and our ridiculous road tax rates. Also the economy is in absolute shite. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's a bad car. I bought mine reasonably cheaply and it is minty mint.

Just don't be afraid to walk away just because you booked your flights. Get it checked on a ramp. I can't stress this enough. I got stung buying a heap of junk from the UK. It's a harsh lesson to learn. No matter how decent time the guy seems. If it's in Dublin the Tuning Factory are the business for Honda in the area. Get then to check it over.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

benje1990

megamindbeastfeatures said:
They are ridiculously cheap over here. That is due to the age group of males that drive them emigrating and our ridiculous road tax rates. Also the economy is in absolute shite. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's a bad car. I bought mine reasonably cheaply and it is minty mint. Just don't be afraid to walk away just because you booked your flights. Get it checked on a ramp. I can't stress this enough. I got stung buying a heap of junk from the UK. It's a harsh lesson to learn. No matter how decent time the guy seems. If it's in Dublin the Tuning Factory are the business for Honda in the area. Get then to check it over. Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
cheers i really appreciate your comments, and im more than happy to walk away if it dont meet the mark,

benje1990

PORTHOS said:
My mate bought an EK9 from Ireland due to the prices being better value, so it could be a fantastic example. but as above, check it over as you would any car really and use Kingstons thread to help you :)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24755-dc5-basic-buyers-guide/

Never too late to change your mind if you don't like what you see.
Cheers m8,
setting off in 20mins, can easily get a flight back if its not what im looking for, will get back to you all on monday and report what happens :)

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Vtequila said:
Wonder if the car is mapped as its advertised with 240 bhp.
It's not. You can't just say it's 220BHP from factory (because it's not because of our fuel in the UK) and then add on 10 for exhaust and 10 for a filter it doesn't work like that.

A lot of people over here don't seem to understand that though. Seen one advertised "250BHP" with a buddy club and an induction kit and stock ECU LOL if it was that easy we'd all have 300BHP with K-Pro.

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Good luck mate! As phil said if you'd of said we'd of went and seen it for you!

benje1990

Hey Guys! got the car home safe and sound this morning!, drives like a dream, very clean well looked after car
2 Faults:
exhaust knocks a little. just wasnt made properly, think i may change it for a slightly quiter one to as the motorway drone it gives is BAD!,
headlights need cleaning from the inside.

apart from that Im very Happy! :)

thanks for all your post's

Benny-coupe

Advanced Member
Ah dude would have been nice to view it with you , good few of us located in Dublin , I hope the car works out well for you mate