Focal: 130A - 13cm components

Suped

Advanced Member
What do you pro ice-loving guys think?? Replacements of the phoenix golds up front. :lol: :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
coolish.

but Diamond Audio Hex are a class above these, Claire has been pounding them for the whole of last season in the Evo and they still sound great.
We have not had one single component faliure all season big thumbs up for the diamond audio kit sounds amazing, has lasted fantastically well, way above my expectations , i could not recomend it enough.
Its a big system 2x 4ch amps,4x monoblocks, 8x 12" woofers, 3 sets components , it plays music at 150+db!!

At some shows esp the summer ones the Monoblocks were at 90deg C !! and still playing

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Agree, the Access range focals are not amazingly good, has a nice tweeter for the price, but the mid unit is not as good to make it fit a price point.

I have had focal Access, polyglass, and polykevlar comps in the bast, and i have to say the polyglass are good for their price.

Personally tho, i would get some rainbows, or depending on your budget, save (like me) for some JL ZR's for your front doors, they sound incredible.

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I have some rainbow components in my car and they sound alright, they can sound a bit confused in the midrange when you start to load them a bit. To get the best out of them you would need a seperate amp for them, I think that when you're spending this much on comps you're going to have to investigate into seperate amps to drive them.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Yeah mofo thats certain, running speakers off a head unit is a deadly sin in my book, the difference in clarity and volume with a decent amp is huge, but it all depends on peoples budgets, not everyone wants to spend 200-500 pounds on an amp for £300 speakers!

Suped

Advanced Member
thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Diamond hex.. interesting!! I'd love to own some JLs but the price is hard to justify. The comps will be driven by a alpine 4 channel mid-range amp. So should do the job in the clarity and volume for what I'm after. :lol:

Zero7

Advanced Member
I found both Focal and Diamond tweeters to be very bright and Focals were a little hollow, best components I have ever owned are Seas Lotus Reference but they are not cheap.