Focal Speakers

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Thinking bout buying some 6.5" Focals, either the Polyglass or the polykevlar... would the mounting depth be OK?

Zero7

Advanced Member
ITR BOY said:
Thinking bout buying some 6.5" Focals, either the Polyglass or the polykevlar... would the mounting depth be OK?
Speaker depth sould not be a problem as long as you make up an MDF/Plywood spacer.

FOCAL can be quite bright due to their metal tweeter, I had some in my old golf and could not turn the volume up for long periods, switched to Seas and these are much smoother and more punchy than the focals.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
I have a Focal V2 on my EK with crossover and tweeker. I think your problem is because you might don't have an Amp??

Never have the issue like you said and the sounds quality is superb.

Zero7

Advanced Member
ProRacer said:
I have a Focal V2 on my EK with crossover and tweeker. I think your problem is because you might don't have an Amp??

Never have the issue like you said and the sounds quality is superb.
um, I was using a genesis amp, the three series, probably some of the best amps money can buy, and was set-up well. focal are o.k but I do not like the syntheics sound the produce, far from natural, their home audio range are not up to sratch either.

Better than Diamond but not a patch on Seas Lotus Reference speakers, motel dome tweeters have a tendancy for brightness.

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Would the Focal tweeters go in the standard positions where the originals are?

Ive had quite a bit of audio in the past which in one system inc 3 DLS A6 MONO amps powering 6 Diamond 12"M6s running at 3600 WATTS RMS between the 6, and DYN AUDIO comps up front, had a lot of Genesis gear and JL, but just want a simple system for the teg.
Already got a Focal 11" Sub & box, loking for a DLS A5 Amp, as these are second to none, or an Audison SRX 3, to power comps and sub, going for a nice SQ sound.

Heard the Focals and they sound good, the Seas arnt my cup of tea, also not prepared to shell out daft money on speakers this time.. :wink:

Zero7

Advanced Member
ITR BOY said:
Would the Focal tweeters go in the standard positions where the originals are?

Ive had quite a bit of audio in the past which in one system inc 3 DLS A6 MONO amps powering 6 Diamond 12"M6s running at 3600 WATTS RMS between the 6, and DYN AUDIO comps up front, had a lot of Genesis gear and JL, but just want a simple system for the teg.
Already got a Focal 11" Sub & box, loking for a DLS A5 Amp, as these are second to none, or an Audison SRX 3, to power comps and sub, going for a nice SQ sound.

Heard the Focals and they sound good, the Seas arnt my cup of tea, also not prepared to shell out daft money on speakers this time.. :wink:
I've got my Sease Tweeters in the standard position and they work find, I'm also using the A6 for my sub (diamond) but genesis for the seas as I feel they are more musical than the DLS amps but each to their own.

I have a metal grill fitted over my tweeters for added protection as I would not want to leave them bare.