Fog light into main housing

gonzo

Advanced Member
Ok, one of the first mods I will do is remove the add-on fog light and wire it into the main rear light housing.

I'm assuming just moving the wires up to there and connecting them to a new bulb and holder will work fine....but...

Which holder and bulb do I need to buy from honda? Does anyone have any part numbers or pics?

Cheers!

T666YPR

The DC5 has a fog light fitted for it's esva because they don't have them in Japan.

This means there isn't a space for a foglight in the rear light units,if there was they would simply be wired up for the esva.

I got a sparky to do mine,though a couple of others have wired them in themselves.

I think James did his own (JOM)

There is a ruling about spacing for fog lights too,but I was willing to risk it as it was going to be 3 yrs before it would come up at an MOT.

Simon

My Fog Light Mod!

gonzo

Advanced Member
Cheers Simon,

Will have to investigate when I get the car, think i'll do a similar change to yours (although will need to keep the bolt on fog light for MOT!)

Evs

Advanced Member
Mine has one of the brake lights wired to come on as a foglight, but for SVA I think they fitted a separate bolt-on foglight in the number plate recess. As I understand it all you need for the MOT is one foglight on the offside of the car. For SVA/ESVA there has to be a certain distance between the foglight and the other lights so the cluster fit won't pass, but once it's through SVA then all you have to worry about is the MOT so you're probably OK to change it.

I didn't do the work myself so can't help you with a 'how-to', sorry. HTH anyway.

Cheers
Evs