Foglight spray

Gary

Advanced Member
Hi guys, is it possible to get a red spray to colour one of my reversing light lenses which is still clear but for SVA purposes was switched to use as a fog???
Cheers
Gaz

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
no ,
but unwire 1 of the brake lights either side and fit them to a fog light switch instead, or fit one to the bottom of the numberplate.

Or buy my bumper which has one fitted. :wink:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Yes it is possible, this is how my fog light is rigged up, the right reversing light is coloured red on the inside.

Can't tell you what kind of paint it is as it was done before I got the car, but look for 'transparent paint' I'm sure you will find something suitable.

Raffe

Advanced Member
Halfords sell light tinitng spray in various colours :idea:

Mine has a red bulb in the o/s reversing light but its not great so I may spray mine at some point too :)

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
Yes it is possible, this is how my fog light is rigged up, the right reversing light is coloured red on the inside.

Can't tell you what kind of paint it is as it was done before I got the car, but look for 'transparent paint' I'm sure you will find something suitable.
So when you reverse does it only have 1 white light? or is there 1 white and 1 red?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Mine is that setup too. Right side reversing light has been sprayed Red and is used as a fog leaving only one reverse light on the left

timp

Advanced Member
micchung said:
But if you have taken the bulb out you will know that is the wrong type of fitment. You need one of the wedge type bulbs :!: :!: which in red only seem to be in the led type which will not shine properly through the refracted plastic and will fail an MOT.

I like the painted look. Is it painted on the inside??, i have removed mine until mot time but would like to sort it properly :!:

redcap

Advanced Member
Looks like the best plan is to paint the inside of the cluster then, i'm having trouble getting a red bulb for mine too.

Raffe

Advanced Member
timp said:
You need one of the wedge type bulbs :!: :!: which in red only seem to be in the led type which will not shine properly through the refracted plastic and will fail an MOT.
Depends how well you know your MOT tester :wink:

timp

Advanced Member
Raffe said:
timp said:
You need one of the wedge type bulbs :!: :!: which in red only seem to be in the led type which will not shine properly through the refracted plastic and will fail an MOT.
Depends how well you know your MOT tester :wink:

Your right mate, mine is a second car and sits in the garage and goes nowhere but if you had to drive in the fog then its better to have a good foglight to save over people but more importantly the back end of your Teg :wink:

Gary

Advanced Member
I actually would have preferred to wire a relay to the two inner brake lights so they could switched on permanently to act as foglights when you needed them but yet still keep the twin brake lights in each cluster for no other reason than they look 8) :D
This would keep the rear clusters looking symmetrical, but I think I heard somewhere that this wouldn't meet the M.O.T. regs because the foglight had to be a certain distance from the tail/brake light - is this true??? and if so, is the reversing light the required distance from the tail lights, because the reversing light conversion DOES seem to be ok, as far as the M.O.T. is concerned................. anybody :?:
Cheers
Gaz :D

Neil_H

Advanced Member
tron2k3 said:
So when you reverse does it only have 1 white light? or is there 1 white and 1 red?
Yes, just one white light of course. The other is now wired purely as a fog light.

I like this setup as it looks OEM - that is, if Honda sold the car over here, I'm 99% sure this is how the rear lights would look.

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
I like the look of it with the painted lens.

The UK Accord Type-S is done similar to this, with the RHS reversing light acting as the foglight. I was looking at my mates the other night. Think I will be trying this at some point.