font bumper decals (truffs)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
The only drawback with removing the front no. plate on a standard bumper was the fixing points being visible.
Till this mini mod. :lol: Though it might look better as blank carbon fibre
Dunno if the cops would bother or not about graphics next to the reg plate.
Anybody know? Or maybe our resident expert - Truffs? :?

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Trung said:
Do you think people will know its a Type-R by now?
:lol: Well it would save telling people what it is.
Though 2 logos together is a bit OTT.

mikegsi

Staff member
i think you should be ok with that little mod, the number plate is the main concern, as long as thats clearly legible then i wouldnt see any problems with it :D

does a standard uk number plate fit ok on the front of these, i thought the point may be too sharp for the number plate to sit against without looking as though its about to come off?

dobber

Advanced Member
I like that a lot. Ive been thinking along similar lines muself though was looking at one of those stick on number plates. Where did you get the carbon plate with the type-r on it from??

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
mikegsi said:
does a standard uk number plate fit ok on the front of these, i thought the point may be too sharp for the number plate to sit against without looking as though its about to come off?
No a standard uk plate is way too large. I tried a made to measure carbon fibre one but it was tricky to fix and even then would stick out too much . It would need a reg plate plinth in a different size to the standard import ones.
dobber - I can't remember the websites for stick on plates. I'm told you need a licence to produce number plates, though some people have the facilities to make stick on ones themselves. :wink:
I did the carbon fibre plate myself though might change that for a blank black anodised one.

chris

truffs

Chris that will be fine as there is nothing blocking the number plate itself. Besides, if you do get pulled, smile sweetly and say its been fitted by Honda in Japan as standard. It will be a very balsy (or board) officer who would argue with you on that one :!: Looks good by the way. If anything mines the illegal(ish) one at the moment, im just waiting for an officer of the law to pull me over at the moment :shock:

Something that ive seen done. The new accord front number plate holder does fit the integra. However it needs to be bent by heat slightly to enable it to wrap around the front. Hattems ITR has this done on the front and it looks very good

HTH

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
truffs said:
The new accord front number plate holder does fit the integra. However it needs to be bent by heat slightly to enable it to wrap around the front.

HTH
Cheers truffs.
That's handy for those who want an easy change. Though i prefer the stick on slimline version. 8)

truffs

If you saw where mine was you would laugh your head off. Imagine the position of an Evos. Mines not rectangular its stright and slightly smaller thatn what it should be. Still black on white though :oops: