FOOLED on eBay? please HELP ! ! !

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Hey Guys!
I am really in a DESPERATE situation now!
2-3 weeks ago i found a TODA RACING MANIFOLD on http://www.ebay.co.uk ( item number 280512478306)
I started chatiing with the guy and offered him a deposit until the end of the month to keep it so I would get my salary and could buy the item. he agreed. I sent him GBP 20.
All was ok and we kept exchanging emails. On the June 2nd I made the rest of the payment (GBP 580) as the price was agreed for 600 along with a courier delivery (5-6 days)
As there was a problem sending 580 pounds at once, i sent 290 and 290 during 7-8 hours... He said that has got the payment. then he said will send me the traction number so i will be able to keep an eye on it too...as the item was bought on ebay,but payed through paypal via "send money" because there was a problem sending money at once as i already mentioned, I asked him to mark the Item on ebay as PAID, cuz it was still pending. He did so. now the Item is marked as paid. on June 3rd i received his last email saying that he didnt post the manifold yet, cuz he was busy sorting out his paypal account because it was blocked by PayPal for unknown reasons. But as he said finally the problem got solved and will post it ASAP. also he apologized for the delay.
04/06 I wrote him as an answer to his last mail that i already booked the garage for 09/06 and requested to do his best to be on time.
05/06 as there was no reply, I asked him whats going on? because by that time it was the 4th day i sent the payment and asked him to keep me UP TO DATE.
07/06 again no reply...I kindly asked again whats going on and told him that his silence seems very suspicious to me! kindly requested to respond to my emails asap, because if by tomorrow morning i wont get an answer, I will claim on paypal.

This is the whole story, guys...
the dudes email on paypal is darrenpurdue@hotmail.co.uk His name is Darren his ebay ID is darren_1984
does anyone know him, or made a deal with him?
Item location: clevedon, Avon, United Kingdom --------> this is what the is wrote on ebay....
What can you advice me? Is there a chance i will get my full payment back if the guy will continue keeping silence?
Regards,
Armen

shauny

first thin I would do is request his contact details from ebay in the help section,usualy they email you a phone number and full add.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Hello Mate,

Sorry to hear you are having probs,

If you can get his full address then i could go and pay a visit as it is only 20mins form mine.

I am sure Simon(C&S Evo) would come for the ride too.

;)

-Woody-

Advanced Member
It appears he only sells things every so often. As you paid through paypal and this was confirmed through his ebay start making the claim now. It will block his paypal which normally gets people moving. There may be a valid reason though, ebay/paypal recommends waiting for a certain amount of time but log a dispute anyway.

IMO do not purchase high value items from members with less than 50 feedback.

turbo5

Advanced Member
I have just looked him up on E bay and he has been a member for 6 years and majority of his purchases have been Integra Type R related or snowboarding. I was in a similar situation recently when I made an expensive purchase and then started to panic when it didn't arrive. Some people don't seem to rush or have any empathy with people even though after parting with £600 you want your goods instantly.
Hopefully everything will turn out OK. Some of the parts he has bought off ebay are from dealers so he must have provided an address. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a member on here, most people including me have a diffent forum name to their Ebay name.

Somebody in Bristol with the same name on facebook. it could be him as his name is unusual and its in the same area, because facebook puts you in the nearest city not your own town.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... ref=search

rodney

Advanced Member
Do you work for Scotland Yard Turbo 5 :)

I'd say not to panic yet Armen,I'd be anxious if I spent £600 on eBay out of the UK. Perhaps unwittingly you've managed to get his back up so in turn it may have promted him to be a bit lax...

You're English is top notch but he may have taken you the wrong way..don't get me wrong what he's doing is a ball ache but maybe sit it out a day or so then log the complaint.

Ive just got through the procedure,the seller soon got in touch and said she'd had sone family problems but would send & apologised,got it a few days later.

Hope it works out..

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Hey guys!
Thank you veeery much for your advices and help!
I have requested the contact information from ebay and got his mob and the address. but hey... his street name and number are missing... is this on purpose? ebay sent my address and contact details to him also and when I looked to my address, it was missing too....anyway wasnt sure that the phone number given was a mobile so contacted Chris-DC5 to give me an advice. will try to reach him by myself bros then will make a claim tomorrow morning if no response.

DarrenDC5

hey panic over,

the item is on its way, had a few issues with paypal anti money laundering thingy at first and have just been away for a couple days.
Item is onroute to cyprus and will hopefully be with you soon :)

oh and nice detective work peoples you found me! :)

Armenomania

Advanced Member
"Hey

soryy for lack of responce been away for the weekend. I sorted courier out before i went and left the manifold at work for collection, ill drop in 2moro to make sure it has gone. but it should be on its way to you already.

Sorry again for the lack of info i forgot to mail you before i went.

Darren"

Hope this is correct and i will receive my favorite Manifold :oops: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Armenomania

Advanced Member
DarrenDC5 said:
hey panic over,

the item is on its way, had a few issues with paypal anti money laundering thingy at first and have just been away for a couple days.
Item is onroute to cyprus and will hopefully be with you soon :)

oh and nice detective work peoples you found me! :)
Man, I was so mad on you, that wanted to crash your bones :D :D :D :D :D :oops:
dude, really if you would tell me your gonna be away, i wouldnt worry even if you hadnt post yet... but this sudden disappear killed my patience :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Armenomania

Advanced Member
mossyhennebry said:
A happy ending then, and Armen, you handled it very well!
Thanks mate, but the end didn't come yet:)
I haven't received the Header yet, and still waiting for Darren to send me the traction number...

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
I'm sure it will arrive today or tomorrow. At least Darren is a member here and he apologised for the delay. The tracking number would be handy, but it won't make it arrive any sooner. I know you have the car booked into your mechanic tomorrow...maybe if it does not arrive by close of business today - ring Darren and ask for the tracking number direct.

I presume it left Bristol on Friday, should arrive with you today really.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
mossyhennebry said:
I'm sure it will arrive today or tomorrow. At least Darren is a member here and he apologised for the delay. The tracking number would be handy, but it won't make it arrive any sooner. I know you have the car booked into your mechanic tomorrow...maybe if it does not arrive by close of business today - ring Darren and ask for the tracking number direct.

I presume it left Bristol on Friday, should arrive with you today really.
well,bro... i would be only happy if the item comes tomorrow morning or today...Sure the traction number wont make it reach faster,but at least i would know in case of delay would let the garage know about cancelling the appointment.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
glad its ok, would have happily gone with Chris and paid him a visit, i am sure i would have persuaded him to co-operate.
if you could let us know when you have finally received it we can all relax.

Armenomania

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
glad its ok, would have happily gone with Chris and paid him a visit, i am sure i would have persuaded him to co-operate.
if you could let us know when you have finally received it we can all relax.
Hey mate!
Thanks a lot for the reply,and thank to all of you guys who helped me with their advices and offered their help. I'm Really happy that good people still exist and ready to help each other.

What about the manifold. . . Yesterday finally Darren contacted me and said that when he went back to work he found the manifold there with a notice that it couldnt be collected. The reason is that it needed to be packed better. As he said he tried to use other shipping method to ship it faster and help me somehow,but they would ask 100 pounds more. He apologized and said that is very sorry and as a gesture of it will refund me the shipping cost through paypal. As he said the manifold will arrive in 2-5 days.

I Just calle the garage and cancelled the appointment. Was really waiting for it to come today,but. . . Anyway, hope that atleast this week i will have it.
Regards
Armen

Rcb

Haha, funny how he is a member on here also

Looks like it will be sorted very soon :green:

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Hey guys! just Received my TODA :D :D :D :D :D
Very glad everything was solved:)
Today is my lucky day.
1)When i came home morning time, saw the guy from FedEx who was about to leave from my house, because no one was at home. I arrived just on time :D
2)After spoke to the guy in garage, luckily he had some free time after the break,so will install it today.
3)I was thinking to buy BuddyClub thermo heat Bandage 2 Rolls of 10M for EUR 75x2, but the mechanic told me to get Cool It Thermo-Tec .
Surprisingly when i went there, the guy asked only EUR65 for a big roll + the clips ;)

Darren,Thanks bro for the header, looks awesome!
Now I can tell that the story has its HAPPY END!
Thank to ALL of you for your support and advices! :D
Regards,
Armen