Footwell lights

petie180

Advanced Member
I fitted a couple of red led lights to my dc5's Footwell just thought I'd share them with you guys see what the verdict is?..

Rob R

Advanced Member
My verdict is you need a new camera. I was debating on these the other day for something to do.

petie180

Advanced Member
Yeah iPod lol..not great but does the job..there very easy fitted and give a nice light againt the red carpet

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there used to be a kit from honda to do this, it was an option i beleive.

petie180

Advanced Member
Well it's a same emissions have such a big factor and the whole greener world pure boke hi..imagine with the technology that Honda have now and there was no rules there would be one dam fast Honda

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I think they look quite good actually. Would be nice to have for when the door is open etc

petie180

Advanced Member
They are wired to the side lights..there meant to be wired to interior light so when you open and close the door they would light but I prefer them to be on with the sidelights..I can get a pic or 2 up surely..there very simple to wire as the is on 2 wires one earth an the other wires into the sidelights..half an hour job max

Rob R

Advanced Member
Can buy kits on eBay. £20 delivered with instructions on how to wire up etc etc

petie180

Advanced Member
Can buy kits on eBay. £20 delivered with instructions on how to wire up etc etc
yeah that's were i got mine they do have everything you need to fit..the instructions you get with the kit are to wire them so that they light an go out with the interior light..

roncee

Advanced Member
Did mine a couple of years ago. Ordered through ctro originally then eBay for the second set. I wired mine to the glove box interior light. Reasonable access and not a big job. Only comes on when sidelights/lights are on.
You get so used to them that I did my other car as well!

Its funny how extortionate this option of 'ambient footwell lighting' is these days if you order a premium brand new car!

Aly

Advanced Member
They look pretty cool, any better pictures?

tbh they should also come on when you hit vtec for added "yo" value.

petie180

Advanced Member
I will get better pics but am away to the wrc in Spain on wednesday so be after that..and it would be funny if you could get them do that in vtec lol

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
when they wire up shift lights, how do they do that?....you could do that but have the foot-well lights wired in....bit extreme though.lol.

Aly

Advanced Member
isnt there someone on here with a fetish for lights?

footwell and red neons to come on when u hit vtec, then send the idea to fast and furious.

Can any1 advise aDIRECT link i can get the red footwell lighting kits from??

Thanks guys

p.s ive checked ebay but theres not many options on there :xaiweb6: