For the love of GOD....

P15UL T

Advanced Member
Well lads and lasses, finally got my car road legal today with the arrival of my tax disc from the DVLA. (only had the car for bloody 5 weeks)
So got a chance to take it a blast at no more that 40mph (over the motorway limit) and to come off of the accelarator to hear a rattle from the clutch(me thinks) :?
i remember reading somewhere about this being the thrust bearing ???
any help would be much appricated, it only happened twice but would like to know if it a major problem or just a case of the car not been drivin for a while.
anyway nice to be finally in the driver seat.
just waiting for the wife to come in so i can take her out for a lesson as she will be driving it to her work from now on :shock:
Anyone looking for a fiat Sceinto ??

kingston

Advanced Member
No but im goner be selling mine soon to fund the insurance on the dc5...

Sure you dont want matching cars? :wink:

T666YPR

You're going to hear lots of squeaks and rattles and pops from the engine room.
I'ts hard to say what most of them are.

If you still have the standard 4:2 on the car,one of the rattles on overrun can be the heatshield.
Mine went when I changed mine.

My current one under investigation is either gearbox/clutch related.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cheers mate
i just hope it doesnt go pop !
i am going to get the honda cover (2 years for £670)
i arranged it through Arnold Clark my local honda dealer but then they said why dont it take out there cover which is only £400 and you get an MOT free with there one.
dont know what to do as theres done seem to cover everything and would be a big saving ??
anyone had any experiances with dealerships extended warrenties ?

truffs

The problem with warrenties IMHO is that they use the blasted words 'mechanical failure' and thats the problem trying to argue with them whats 'mechanical failure' and whats 'wear and tear' when something breaks. They then put it into a garage that has no idea what the car is because its a garage thats been authorised by them to undertake the work not the gargae that has looked after your pride and joy since yo have owned it etc etc etc. Sorry im not bitter about warrenties just been bitten by one in the past :evil: