Former DC2 owner soon to be DC5 owner.

Fizz

Hi chaps,

Thought id say hello as im due to pickup my DC5 this week and i cant wait. After owning a Milano Red DC2 about 3 years ago i am really looking forward to this DC5.

Its a 2001 Y plate with only 39k on the clock with Full documented history from Japan and the UK which is what im chuffed about most. It was imported by Dixons of Perth in 2008 and has had 2 UK owners.

Only mods on it is a DC cat back exhaust (never heard of DC before?), some after market open air filter which is placed down at the bottom right corner near the bumper where there is a flow of air to the brake? (read that bit it somewhere)

Its in Blue and has a nice set of black CR KAi rims with a bit of blue on the inside of the spokes which looks alright.

Anyhow, i cant wait to pick it up and then can get some decent pics up on here!

Are there any regular meets in the west yorkshire area?

Ohh, forgot to say im a bit of a jap car fan and in particular im a big MR2 turbo fan. Past cars include a few different MR2 Turbos, a Celica GT4 ST205 and some other Celicas too. Also a Civic VTi as well as the already mentioned DC2. :)

Regards
Fizz

dave c

400hp K20
According to all the other ex DC2 drivers you'll be disappointed, apparently the DC5 is useless in comparison :(

OR...

Newer, better, cooler, faster and more refined :)

Get pics up when you can mate, Long-ram CAI kits and supposed to be good (like the one you described - just watch out for big puddles) and DCSports makes some good stuff, general consensus is that it is US stuff that rips off JDM design but as a result...works well ;)

Fizz

Excellent! First reply and taught me something about my car already! I checked under the bumper and there is a undertray protecting the filter.

I like a bit of refinement now as well so I wint be moaning coming from a dc2. Also love the fact it's not sat at 4.5k when at 70mph on the motorway. :)

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
where in west yorkshire you from? i went from dc2 to dc5, i didnt like it at much first handling wise but mine was set up ...well just wrong/worse than factory.

you really gotta spend money if your gonna try to lower the car, id suggest some adjustable cambers and a fast road setup at the very least to get a better feel out of the car.

i also didnt like the 'high dash' compared to the dc2 but in the end your in a newer car

gear ratios make the car feel pretty quick too, and even though you wont feel that same 'vtec kick' like in the dc2, i felt like my dc5 sounded like a plane in vtec lol.

i owned a civic vti too, and raced a mr2 turbo once...i think he was surprised.lol.

anyway, let us know how you feel it compares and good luck.

Fizz

Im from the city with the bad rep Bradford. lol

Not all of us are bad! ;)

I got the car last night and went for a quick spin again as the last time was just a test drive and wow...I was really surprised by the torque off vtec. Granted it was a bit greasy last night but not wet as such the wheels would spin up in 2nd gear in low revs as you put your foot down.

Not overly convinced with how loud the DC exhaust is though. A couple of decebels less would have been perfect for me but with the AEM long arm induction when it comes on song its just naughty! :)

I totally get what your saying about the dash. Everything just seems a bit bigger and far away and even though its not it feels like things are a little bit further away than the DC2 with regards to the interior.

No plans on lowering it as i dont like to mess about with things like that much on these types of cars. Also the ride is just right for me and any stiffer and it will become uncomfortable.

The last MR2 Turbo i had was sat on Tein HA's and i swear even with the dampners set to comfortable it still was harsh! lol

Not surprised you shocked the MR2 turbo guy as ive been shocked myself when it took a lot for me to shake a DC2 off my rear a few years back. lol

Any meets up this way?

Also will try and get some pics up on the weekend once i have cleaned it up a little and while its still light outside as at the mo i leave for work when its dark and get back when its even darker!

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
is your car blue by any chance? i live in bradford too i have a black 1.

not many meets up here. most dc5 owners are further south i think.

Fizz

Small world mate!

Also going by the time you posted you either start work early or finish late!