From Chris Martin to me ......... so Hello!

cameron1589

Hi all,

I've been looking for a new car for sometime now and over the last month or so decided on a DC5. So here I am! I've taken over Chris Martins DC5 and hopefully you'll be happy to hear that I'll be keeping it very JDM and restoring it back to factory spanking new! It's in good shape as it is, but I'm sure to add my touch to it.

This scene is new to me, previously been a DUB fan so any help is greatly appreciated. Will be getting to some Japanese meets in the future.

I'm Nottingham based, no pics yet but I'm sure all have seen pics from Chris. She's put away in my garage for the next 2/3 weeks while I sell my old car.

Great forum btw!

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Welcome along dude, fellow Nottingham DC5 owners here 🙋‍♂️

Chewy

Advanced Member
DUB fan? You'll be needing all the help you can get, Luckily you've come to the right place. Haha.

I know Chris's car rather well, You've got a very good example on your hands indeed, especially if you're wanting to pursue a high standard factory finish.

Another one from Nottingham here too, Looks like we're going to have to arrange a local meet pretty soon, aye Kev xthumbup

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
cameron1589 said:
Hi all,

I've been looking for a new car for sometime now and over the last month or so decided on a DC5. So here I am! I've taken over Chris Martins DC5 and hopefully you'll be happy to hear that I'll be keeping it very JDM and restoring it back to factory spanking new! It's in good shape as it is, but I'm sure to add my touch to it.

This scene is new to me, previously been a DUB fan so any help is greatly appreciated. Will be getting to some Japanese meets in the future.

I'm Nottingham based, no pics yet but I'm sure all have seen pics from Chris. She's put away in my garage for the next 2/3 weeks while I sell my old car.

Great forum btw!
Hey Cameron

Hope your doing ok fella. I found the JDM Flare out of my DC5 today so if you send me your address I'll post it to you (know your not allowed go post them but I'll see what I can do).

Welcome to the forum. So glad it's gone to someone who with such attention to detail!

Kev.W

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Another one from Nottingham here too, Looks like we're going to have to arrange a local meet pretty soon, aye Kev xthumbup
Sounds a good plan to me, should create a meet for beginning of November

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
What about a dyno meet gents? DynoDaze in Hinckley is close enough, and might attract some further afield after eurospec cancelled theirs last month....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
What about a dyno meet gents? DynoDaze in Hinckley is close enough, and might attract some further afield after eurospec cancelled theirs last month....

Great idea

Chewy

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:

Not overly fussed about dyno runs etc, but still a good idea for us to meet up there, Count me in.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
hello and welcome aboard.
i know chris and his teg pretty well, and with him being so anal youve got a cracking example there.
I'm also from the Nottingham area,
and mini meet would be good.

enjoy the car for what it is.. not "low and slow" 🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cameron1589

Hi all, up and running on the road now. Insured by Adrian flux, £750 which I'm happy with as I have a city centre postcode, 27 with 8 NCB.

The picture is how she is at the moment. Hoping to get the wheels done in gloss black, put the integra and type r badge's on the rear and keep the bodywork in good condition. Enjoying driving it at the moment. A bit different to my audi a4 2.0 tdi I have previously.